Low activity excursion in Hilo

dorisdvu

I'm looking for a low activity excursion in Hilo for 1-17-22.  I do not want to rent a car.  Not too much walking or steps (stairs). From what I have found on the Carnival Excursions everything is moderate activity.  I don't want to book something and find out that it is too much.  I see there is a Hop On/Off bus.  Is this literally hop on and off or does it stop and allow you to get on or off.  Any suggestions?

Edited by dorisdvu

• 5 months later...

You remind me of the days when we'd dash up and literally hop on a San Francisco cable car almost anywhere we wanted, Doris.  The Hop/Stops have regular stops and they indeed let everyone get on and off safely.  Has anyone used the Hop/Stop bus in Hilo?  We need some 'low activity' outings  on the islands as well.

I highly recommend the garden tour. It’s right by the port and there is a shuttle. There is also a golf cart at the garden that will drive you up the hill if you need it. The beautiful gardens abut the ocean and it is staggering! We booked same day, on the ship, and were    the only two on the excursion.

We are not garden people, but this garden is spectacular ... even DH thought it was a great activity.  Absolutely go, and know that they will handle any slight physical limitations.