Procedures from our B2B Majestic Dec 11 to Dec 22 cruise

roxievegas

We just returned from a 7 day and 4 day cruise (B2B) on the Majestic which was roundtrip out of Los Angeles (San Pedro).

Everyone gives reviews on the food, entertainment, room, etc.  So I thought I would do some of the other items.

Boarding - we did not have the app downloaded to our phones.  I had info printed out and we had our medallions mailed to us and we had received them about two weeks before trip.  We had some problems getting checking in, but not sure if it was the computer or the person.  We had to show passport, covid shot records and the negative covid test results.   After boarding the ship we went directly to the customer service and had a line to wait in.  I had checked prior and knew that there were plenty of empty cabins.  We were in a balcony and wanted to upgrade to a mini-suite.  Prior to cruise, I had been told it would be $600+ each to upgrade just for the first cruise.  Once we got to the front of the line, we were told that it would cost us $15 each per day, so for $330 we went from Balcony to Mini Suite for all 11 days.  It was well worth the cost - would love to go in a mini suite every time.

We had to have a covid test done on Friday, Dec 17th before docking back in LA on Saturday.  We were told to meet in the Allegro Dining Room, we had a nose swab done and then waited to have some general info given out.  The whole process was over an hour - not everyone showed up on time and there  about 50 people doing the B2B.  The first cruise had appox 1,450 guests.  Everyone passed they covid test.

Saturday, Dec 18th  staying on board for the 2nd cruise - we were told to meet in the Crown Grill at 9:15 a.m.  - we were taken off the ship, did the long walk to the customs area where they had the facial recognition machines and walked backed to the ship - we did not have to show I.D., passports, or covid shot records - you had to have them, but no one looked at them.  The second cruise was $1,500+ passengers

Leaving the ship today was the same as last Saturday - meet at the location that you were assigned and leave ship, get your luggage and leave.

Everyone wore their masks.  Found it silly that you had to wear masks, but when you sat for dinner in the dining room, your table of two was one foot from the next table for two and no masks.  They need to separate the tables further apart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1