When to Purchase Spa Treatments?

L1211

Greetings! I’m taking my youngest DD on a “spa cruise” Jan 2.  We couldn’t get a spa balcony (sold out, just booked today) so booked a balcony and purchased thermal suite passes.  I have never purchased spa treatments onboard, but I know I have heard specials advertised throughout the cruise - yes?  Do you recommend advance appointments and purchase or wait till onboard and look for specials? Appreciate any input

I usually make hair cut appointments online before the cruise and select a day when in port as the cost is a bit cheaper. DH always gets massages and waits until he's onboard and goes to the spa to request a deal. For example, on the Magic in November, he managed to get two Swedish Massages for $99 each, regularly $149 each on port days. We were on an 11-day Holland America cruise in Dec. and he tried getting the same deals, but no luck as they only discounted the massages a little bit. We'll be on the Carnival Pride in January and he is already thinking about massages. His birthday is during the cruise and pre-Covid, he always received a $50 gift card for the Spa when his birthday was during the cruise. Wonder if he will receive one on this cruise?