Prices went down

bbnmom

I checked about a week ago and prices had dropped a bit. It was after final payment so I decided to upgrade to an SC cabin. I have 2 questions. How do you know if you are getting the actual cabin category as from what I saw your choice was "best available" and we were assigned 14168 on the Joy. Second question is, ( I know you will think I am obsessed) I had originally put an upgrade bid on the SC category and the pictures showed it having just a shower. When you go look at it on the reservation it shows a tub/shower combo. I much prefer just the shower as my husband has several artificial joints as well as back issues and I must admit I am no spring chicken and have a hard time with their tub side heights. Has anyone been in this stateroom that can give me reassurance that I didn't make a grave mistake?

17 minutes ago, bbnmom said:

I checked about a week ago and prices had dropped a bit. It was after final payment so I decided to upgrade to an SC cabin. I have 2 questions. How do you know if you are getting the actual cabin category as from what I saw your choice was "best available" and we were assigned 14168 on the Joy. Second question is, ( I know you will think I am obsessed) I had originally put an upgrade bid on the SC category and the pictures showed it having just a shower. When you go look at it on the reservation it shows a tub/shower combo. I much prefer just the shower as my husband has several artificial joints as well as back issues and I must admit I am no spring chicken and have a hard time with their tub side heights. Has anyone been in this stateroom that can give me reassurance that I didn't make a grave mistake?

here's a video of the room right next to yours, tub/shower combo @ 5 minutes https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/youtube.php?id=11208

I'm not sure where you saw a picture of the bathroom with just a shower, but when I checked videos they all seemed to have the shower tub combo. Believe me, that will be an issue for you getting in and out of the shower. Other than that it's a really nice stateroom.  You should call  or email the accessdesk@ncl.com 

3 hours ago, valleyvillage said:

I'm not sure where you saw a picture of the bathroom with just a shower, but when I checked videos they all seemed to have the shower tub combo. Believe me, that will be an issue for you getting in and out of the shower. Other than that it's a really nice stateroom.  You should call  or email the accessdesk@ncl.com 

On the bidding pages the SC class showed just a shower. I even mentioned that to the person changing my reservation and she didn't state that it was a shower/tub combination. Kind of bummed out about this. I don't think anything can be done about it now. Thanks for the info you guys. I appreciate it.