Question about refund

awreaper

My wife, son and I have booked several RC cruises since Covid started and a couple were cancelled by RC and the last one (Dec 21) I cancelled when it became clear that you had to be vaccinated.  My wife and I are, but my son is not, and we have no intention at this time of vaccinating him.  So right now we each have about $1600 in FCC credit with RC sitting there.  At this point I would prefer to get a 100% refund and try RC again in the future if the vaccination requirements change.  Is that possible?  If so, other than calling RC and staying on hold for hours and being bounced around is there a better way to request it?  If the credit is not possible, can I have RC move the FCC credit that is in my son's name over to mine and my wife?  We would probably go ahead and cruise with RC so as not to lose the money.  Thanks in advance for the help.

48 minutes ago, awreaper said:

My wife, son and I have booked several RC cruises since Covid started and a couple were cancelled by RC and the last one (Dec 21) I cancelled when it became clear that you had to be vaccinated.  My wife and I are, but my son is not, and we have no intention at this time of vaccinating him.  So right now we each have about $1600 in FCC credit with RC sitting there.  At this point I would prefer to get a 100% refund and try RC again in the future if the vaccination requirements change.  Is that possible?  If so, other than calling RC and staying on hold for hours and being bounced around is there a better way to request it?  If the credit is not possible, can I have RC move the FCC credit that is in my son's name over to mine and my wife?  We would probably go ahead and cruise with RC so as not to lose the money.  Thanks in advance for the help.

You cannot convert a FCC to a refund.

If your son is 12 or under you can get his FCC notated so that it can be used by yourself.

Call post cruise guest relations1.800.256.6649

• Like 1

2 hours ago, awreaper said:

Is that possible? 

If you booked something now with the FCCs from cruises cancelled by RCI, you might be able to turn around and cancel those for a refund. Tho, I wouldn't trust RCI to separate the types of FCCs you have and get it right.

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If you booked something now with the FCCs from cruises cancelled by RCI, you might be able to turn around and cancel those for a refund.

Not likely.  Typically, something paid with FCC is refunded as FCC.

10 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I believe that is not the case in this situation (a CWC cancellation).

If the FCC was originally from a Global Suspension (cruise line cancelled) and is now cancelled under disagree with protocols (limited to sailings departing before Jan 17th) then the FCC can be refunded as a refund.

If the FCC was originally issued due to a NRD deposit or a CWC cancellation it will be reissued as a FCC regardless of why the cruise was cancelled.

• Thanks 1