Observations from our first cruise since the shut-down

Luvcrusn

we sailed on Equinox on 11/28. First, it was a wonderful cruise, one of our best Caribbean cruises and we've done many. The ship's crew was outstanding. Captain Tasos was wonderful. We sailed Aqua as we've done many times.  The new muster drill is great. Watch on your smartphone or stateroom tv. No stupid "Bond-esque" movie that makes a joke of it and buries the messaging. Report to your muster station and done! No crowding, no standing around. Kudos!!!!!

The Blu menu has changed. There are some (in my opinion) odd additions, like the Beyond Burger which is an everyday item. I would never order a burger for dinner on a cruise, but that's me. There are fewer entree options, and they seem to be less expensive choices. There are also fewer (and cheaper) appetizer options as well. The former everyday options of chicken, salmon and steak are not there although they would get them for you if requested to to so. We always found something appealing nonetheless.

The in room afternoon herbal tea in Aqua is no longer and has been replaced with water (back to the origins) which is replenished as needed. The water is in aluminum bottles however and I don't care for the metallic taste, but that's me.

The paper straws are desirable for the environment, but awful when drinking thick, frozen drinks. They disintegrate and collapse. There should be some alternative that's good for the environment and good for sipping! We brought our own, but while we could fit them into our beach/pool bag, they don't fit into an evening bag or DH's pockets.  Next time we'll bring the reusable, collapsible, metal ones and hope X has made a change to make this unnecessary..

The bath amenities are now in the shower in dispensers. While I thought I'd hate that, it was actually quite nice.

Aqua always had a two sided make up mirror in the desk drawer, one side regular magnification and the other 5X. It is no longer there although our awesome cabin steward went on a hunt and found one for me. YAY!

The nice bag is no longer in the room on day one, but was delivered on an evening chic night. The wine is upon request.

The masks in the room were a nice addition under the current circumstances as was the bottle of hand sanitizer.

The welcome aboard drinks are gone, but with Always Included it didn't really matter.

Thoughts?

• Like 3