Explorer 2 / Jamaica / Possible cancellation of first three cruises

I have just noticed that TUI have removed the Explorer 2 Cruises from Sale until the Cruise commencing 8th Feb.

This is often a pre-cursor to cancellation and, with the volume of cases on EX2 this last week, coupled with similar difficulties with Explorer and Discovery, may mean that they are having high level discussions as to whether to send her to Jamaica this weekend.

She is planned to depart for Gran Canaria first (later today), and then the 10-day transatlantic journey, but she may hover in/around the Canaries for a month instead

n.b. This is not confirmed, just my supposition at this point

EX2 is now slowly heading to Barbados, seemingly to link up with Discovery.

She is scheduled to arrive on 23rd Jan - which is a changeover date for Discovery voyages.

Best guess is that she is either going to replace Discovery and allow that to remain as a floating quarantine/isolation hotel, or that she will herself act as a floating hotel.

Given that 16th Jan Discovery Cruise is still "uncancelled" at present, I suspect it is the latter - any cases on Discovery will come off and onto Explorer2 for their isolation period (given that Barbados is not permitting them to quarantine onshore).

Additionally, it does mean that EX2 is only 3 days sailing away from Jamaica, should they be in a position to resume those itineraries on 8th February

Edited by ferretktf