REGAL PRINCESS - MARCH 12, 2022 - TRANSATLANTIC FLL TO BCN

Denman

I'm getting close to booking this cruise solo and wondered if others will be onboard?  The entry requirements for Spain look relatively easy compared to other European countries so that's partially why I'm likely to choose it.  Would be interested in hearing from others thinking about this sailing as well!  

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to seem some other "Friends of Dorothy" will be on board!  I was on Princess last month and they had an un-hosted LGBT gathering listed daily at 5 pm in what was the equivalent of the Wheelhouse Bar on the Regal Princess.  :classic_smile:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2022 at 2:06 PM, rsmdude said:

I hope to join you for this cruise as well.  Great solo deals and cool itinerary.  Will be my first ever transatlantic cruise so I’m eager to go.

Did you end up booking this cruise?  I see you're on the Majestic Princess out of LA now.  I did that cruise over Xmas and really enjoyed it.  It was a good introduction to the "Medallion" app!   Any others on board with us?  Just a little over 3 weeks to go!

Less than 2 weeks out from sailing now!  What's everyone doing once they get to Barcelona?  I've been there before but want to spend more time seeing the next layer of sights and possibly renting a car for a couple days to drive up the coast or into the Pyrenees.  It would be nice to say I've been to Andorra and it looks beautiful!

Sadly I booked my return flight for the day of our arrival.  I have been to Barcelona three times already but I LOVE the city, it is amazing and very accessible.  If you need recommendations on what is a must see please let me know or I will be glad to tell you everything when we're on the cruise.

I have never driven in Spain but several years ago I had intended to fly into Madrid, rent a car and tour southern Spain, so hopefully I'll be able to see some of what I was unable to see back then (I had to cancel that trip and never rebooked it).

This will be my 5th cruise on Princess and Regal will be my 3rd Princess ship.  I also have a T/A booked on Emerald that departs April 16th from Ft Lauderdale headed to Southhampton.  After that I booked the Baltic cruise r/t Copenhagen that departs May 4th but with the Russia situation I likely will cancel that even though I know they'll be dropping the St Petersburg stop soon and replacing that with some other Baltic port.

Feel free to DM me if you like and we'll chat further, otherwise I look forward to meeting on Regal.  I plan to be at all the LGBTQ+ gatherings so hopefully we'll have a nice crowd to hang with like my last cruise.

Chris

Thanks, Chris.  I tried to PM you but that feature is disabled for some reason.  I've mapped out a lot to keep me busy in BCN including another visit to the Miro Museum but it would be nice to compare notes.  I did the Madrid trip you mentioned a few years back and drove through southern Spain and also Portugal.  I didn't get to Cordoba although it seems like quite a lot of bus time for a day trip from Malaga but it looks fascinating!  I look forward to seeing you and others on board.  I'll try to get to the gatherings, especially this first few.  Hopefully they will schedule them at 5 pm as was the case on Majestic Princess in December.  See you all soon!

Hey Chris (or other solo cruisers!)...Does anyone interested in access to the "Enclave" thermal suite area?  If you do, we can get a better deal under a couples pass.  And, I think the price will be better onboard as they lowered it for me when I was walking away from it on the Majestic in December.  It's a great area for a quiet escape.  Let me know and I'll post my email here so we can chat off the site.  

On 3/2/2022 at 1:15 PM, Denman said:

Hey Chris (or other solo cruisers!)...Does anyone interested in access to the "Enclave" thermal suite area?  If you do, we can get a better deal under a couples pass.  And, I think the price will be better onboard as they lowered it for me when I was walking away from it on the Majestic in December.  It's a great area for a quiet escape.  Let me know and I'll post my email here so we can chat off the site.  

Hey there,

I haven't done the thermal spa on Princess but did on NCL Breakaway last fall and enjoyed it.  I sadly didn't take enough advantage of it but I think with so many sea days this trip it might be a good deal.  Let me know what the cost is and we can try to figure it out if you're still interested.  You can try to reach me via email at ctnrsm at aol (hopefully you can make that out ok).  Looking forward to this!

Chris

Welcome, GateGuardian!  I'll plan to see you at the first LGBT gathering listed on the app.  There may be one on embarkation day but nothing is posted on the app yet.  If I had to guess, it will be at 5 pm at the Wheelhouse Bar on deck 7 aft.  At least that's where they had them on a sister ship in December.  Oh, and thanks for your reply, Chris.  I'll try to email you now.  See you all next week!

On 3/2/2022 at 1:15 PM, Denman said:

We have the couple pass for the sauna …. See you there!

On 3/6/2022 at 12:17 PM, Denman said:

Welcome, GateGuardian!  I'll plan to see you at the first LGBT gathering listed on the app.  There may be one on embarkation day but nothing is posted on the app yet.  If I had to guess, it will be at 5 pm at the Wheelhouse Bar on deck 7 aft.  At least that's where they had them on a sister ship in December.  Oh, and thanks for your reply, Chris.  I'll try to email you now.  See you all next week!

We deff come to the LGBT 🏳️‍🌈 meetings 🥳

5 hours ago, cruiselovers21 said:

Hi David 🙂 we are eelko & bernd! Just passesd our Covid test 🎉 ready to party

Congrats on the negative test, Eelko and Bernd!   I'm already in Ft. Lauderdale visiting a friend and I'm looking forward to all our wonderful sea days coming up.  See you soon!