Received this booking notification today 1/12

momrox1

A little background...I'm booked on the Meraviglia for a back to back Jan 20 and Jan 23...just got this letter from them...

Sent Wed, Jan 12, 2022
Health and Safety Update

Vacations To Go has received a very important notification regarding your upcoming cruise.

For the most up-to-date information, please continue to check MSC's Health and Safety page. 

The notification is copied below:

"We wish to inform you that thanks to our ongoing MSC Health Protocols, which includes routine monitoring, our ships have seen a limited number of guests and crew members testing positive for COVID-19. As per our protocols, we immediately isolate the positive cases and their close contacts in the section of the ship that is dedicated for this and is separate from the rest of the ship, all in Balcony Staterooms. The majority who test positive are asymptomatic and those who are symptomatic typically have only mild symptoms. COVID-19 positive guests receive assistance to return home upon the ship’s arrival and the impacted crew are disembarked and well taken care of ashore. 

Thanks to our stringent protocols that have been in place since we began sailing in August 2020, our ships go through a complete sanitation process upon return and prior to every embarkation. Thanks to this and our many other protocols, your cruise will continue as planned with no delay to your assigned embarkation time. 

Given the recent surge of the Omicron variant, a number of Caribbean destinations are reviewing their protocols, and in some cases, not clearing cruise ships for entry. This may cause changes to your itinerary with very short notice. While we will do our best to preserve the original itinerary, if a change is necessary, we will notify you immediately. 

You are receiving this communication as we want you to have the flexibility and all of the information to make the best decision for you and those in your party. We remind you of our Cruise with Confidence which allows for flexible booking changes up to 48 hours prior to your cruise free of charge. Should you prefer to rescheduley our vacation, you may call us at (866) 337-4309 and we will help you find a new cruise date. 

We look forward to you cruising with MSC Cruises. We kindly remind you to respect the onboard measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 by: 
  • Wearing a mask indoors at all times unless seated while eating or drinking
  • Maintaining physical distancing of 6 feet or more with people outside of your social bubble
  • Following instructions and guidelines by the crew when required
In case you do have symptoms while on board, we ask you contact our medical facility by dialing 115 immediately and we will assist you on a complimentary basis. 

To sail aboard MSC Cruises vessels, travellers who are age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and test negative before boarding. All children (2 years or older) independent of vaccination status must test negative as well. All crew are fully vaccinated and tested weekly. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. The health and safety of all our guests and crew is our top priority. Thanks for choosing MSC Cruises. 

Sincerely, 
MSC Cruises USA "

This is similar to letters sent by other cruise lines to let passengers know they may not have the experience they originally booked.  I was hoping to see the option for a refund listed, but it looks like they are just re-iterating the option to move to another cruise within 48 hours.  I checked options for next year and they are 2-3 times more expensive for a solo balcony than what I paid. 

6 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

.  I was hoping to see the option for a refund listed, but it looks like they are just re-iterating the option to move to another cruise within 48 hours.  

Do you mean a refund because of  a port change?  I know if we test positive within 14 days prior to the cruise the option is still on their website for a full refund.  That's all I really care about.  I'm happy to just stay onboard for my b2bs ...

2 minutes ago, momrox1 said:

Do you mean a refund because of  a port change?  I know if we test positive within 14 days prior to the cruise the option is still on their website for a full refund.  That's all I really care about.  I'm happy to just stay onboard for my b2bs ...

Refund due to the whole current situation - possible port cancellations, possible reduced activities onboard, possibility of being quarantined, etc. I cruise primarily for the ports and am not interested in being stuck in my room for several days. I believe those that left this past Saturday were given the option of a refund or moving to a different date.

I know many don’t care as long as they are on a ship, but I do. I am retired, so sitting in a room, on a balcony, reading a book, watching movies, etc. is what I do every day. Paying to do the same thing on a ship is not my idea of a good time or use of funds.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Refund due to the whole current situation - possible port cancellations, possible reduced activities onboard, possibility of being quarantined, etc. I cruise primarily for the ports and am not interested in being stuck in my room for several days. I believe those that left this past Saturday were given the option of a refund or moving to a different date.

I know many don’t care as long as they are on a ship, but I do. I am retired, so sitting in a room, on a balcony, reading a book, watching movies, etc. is what I do every day. Paying to do the same thing on a ship is not my idea of a good time or use of funds.

Total agreement here! I am hoping they offer a refund before the 48 hours. I'm really soured on cruising. 

• Like 1