Cancelled the Breakaway through the 23rd

jetact

I just wish this stuff would get over with.  We are in New Orleans and have a view of the river so we will be able to see the Breakaway in the morning when it docks.  Off to Orlando in the morning to see Universal studios, Disney World and Cape Canaveral.  it’s not the vacation I had planned but no reason sit and home and cry about it. I highly recommend New Orleans for a couple of days as we have had a great time, it’s like Vegas you only need about 3 days.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, jetact said:

I just wish this stuff would get over with.  We are in New Orleans and have a view of the river so we will be able to see the Breakaway in the morning when it docks.  Off to Orlando in the morning to see Universal studios, Disney World and Cape Canaveral.  it’s not the vacation I had planned but no reason sit and home and cry about it. I highly recommend New Orleans for a couple of days as we have had a great time, it’s like Vegas you only need about 3 days.

If we had booked hotel independently I may have still flown to New Orleans for a few days but we had booked hotel through NCL at Riverside Hilton at a very good price so when the cruise canceled so did out hotel. We live in Las Vegas so have that if we want lol.Tonight we are going out to eat at a nice Italian Restaurant that has a great view of the strip. We had reservations to eat at Dragos at the Riverside Hilton for tonight. Tonight I am going to have the Seafood Pasta dish like I would have had at Dragos lol. 

• Like 2

On 1/13/2022 at 2:30 PM, mvh said:

My guess is the Bliss is next.  Why not just cancel all ships at the beginning of the week?  This makes no sense. You can't tell me they are just finding this out now.

Could be, not finding out about the circumstances, but giving up on keeping the ship in service.  They have to be scrambling to figure out how to keep cruises running if at all possible, and cancelling only if they have to.

On 1/14/2022 at 8:51 AM, GroundHog1961 said:

Unfortunately, we are stuck with FCC since we canceled using POM after the payed in full date.

Not necessarily:  https://www.ncl.com/refund-and-cancellation-policy-covid-19

See the following paragraph:

Cruise Cancelled by Norwegian

• If your cruise is cancelled by Norwegian or boarding is delayed by twenty-four (24) hours or more due to government order or declaration of Public Health Emergency, you are entitled to a refund of the amount paid to Norwegian within 180 days, or an optional Future Cruise Credit (“FCC”). This policy also applies if you already cancelled the same cruise within 60 days prior to the scheduled sailing date.

I added the bold emphasis.

• Like 1