Celebrity tests for canadians

Linsie

32 minutes ago, Linsie said:

Will celebrity mail their before cruise tests to Canada? 

Celebrity doesn't sell the kits themselves. If you follow the link on their website, it will take you to the Optum Store that sells the Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Antigen Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth Services. Some Canadians have indicated difficulty in registering for tests, and I don't know whether or not they currently will mail to a Canadian address.

Your better choice would be to buy Canadian and get your test kit(s) from Switch Health https://switchhealth.ca/en/partners/aeroplan/  

Is someone able to confirm that the Switch Health kits sold through AeroPlan in Canada are accepted by cruise lines departing Florida? I am booked to sail on Caribbean Princess on February 20th, 2022. Princess's website says that the PCR or Antigen test must have FDA approval. Do Switch Health kits have FDA approval? I am unable to find a definitive answer. Thanks in advance for your help!
🙂

55 minutes ago, JetJock_YHZ said:

Is someone able to confirm that the Switch Health kits sold through AeroPlan in Canada are accepted by cruise lines departing Florida? I am booked to sail on Caribbean Princess on February 20th, 2022. Princess's website says that the PCR or Antigen test must have FDA approval. Do Switch Health kits have FDA approval? I am unable to find a definitive answer. Thanks in advance for your help!
🙂

Probably best to ask them

contact@switchhealth.ca

51 minutes ago, JetJock_YHZ said:

🙂

The Switch Health Rapid Antigen test manufactured by SD Biosensor is a proctored test that has not been approved by the FDA and consequently does not meet the requirement noted on its website for a test to have an FDA EUA. Celebrity, on the other hand, does not include on its website any requirement for an FDA EUA, just that it be a proctored test. If you are cruising with Princess, you may be out of luck with the Switch Health test, but I would contact them to verify.

• Like 1