Sagrada Familia as part of transfer to airport

rjp50

We are a group of 4 adults who will be disembarking in Barcelona in the morning this June  and will need to catch a flight to Paris which departs at 1:00 PM.  We are looking for suggestions to get from the port to the airport with an additional stop to see La Sagrada Familia (including inside).  I have been in contact with Spain Day Tours and the only thing they can offer is a full 4 hour tour which will drop us off at the airport.   I was wondering if anyone has other ideas to provide a more economical means to see La Sagrada Familia before going to the airport.  We will have luggage so that would seem to preclude taxis and the metro.

Thanks,

RJP50

I'm not sure you have enough time to do a tour to Sagrada Familia. I think our tour took about 2.5 hours, inside and outside.

At best you're going to have about 1.5 hours available. You'll need to be at the airport about 2 hours before your flight and it takes about 30 minutes to get from Sagrada Familia to the airport so you'll need to leave at 10:30.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 12:27 PM, rjp50 said:

We are a group of 4 adults who will be disembarking in Barcelona in the morning this June  and will need to catch a flight to Paris which departs at 1:00 PM.  We are looking for suggestions to get from the port to the airport with an additional stop to see La Sagrada Familia (including inside).  I have been in contact with Spain Day Tours and the only thing they can offer is a full 4 hour tour which will drop us off at the airport.   I was wondering if anyone has other ideas to provide a more economical means to see La Sagrada Familia before going to the airport.  We will have luggage so that would seem to preclude taxis and the metro.

Thanks,

RJP50

Yes, you can, but it would require all of the following:

1. Get a transfer company (not a tour company) for a private transfer.  Google "airport transfer Barcelona."  There are several good companies.  Get a quote.

2. Specify that you will make a 1.5  hour stop at SF.

3.  Buy your tickets on the SF website (June tickets are not available yet)

https://sagradafamilia.org/en/tickets-individuals

4. The first admission only ticket is for 9:00 am (26€); the first admission with guided tour is at 9:30 am, but arrive by 9:00 and it lasts 50 minutes (30€).  Decide which one you want.  With admission only you can be done looking around in one hour.  The tour option will be done by 10:30.

5. Be ready to leave by 10:30.  

Edited by marazul
  • Thanks 1