Switch health kits for Princess?

sunviking90

I was planning on using those kits too, for our cruise next month, but I haven’t seen any comments about them on the boards. 

what is the cause for concern?

found the news story link in another thread, I’d like to surprised by the government’s incompetence but I’m not.

Edited by FawnRiver
  • Like 1

My understanding from other threads Switch Health Antigen Test does not have FDA approval and therefore, Princess may not accept your test results. 

Contact Princess "chat line" and see what they have to say and save your conversation for printing.

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

Good morning. My wife and I were on the Regal from Dec 13-21. We are in Colorado so must also fly to FLL.

We ordered the Abbott Labs version of the covid test from the Princess site. ALL TEST MUST BE OBSEVERED by a approved testing process. The Abbott test is Proctored by a cellphone video feed to there

lab people. You set up camera to show you and the test device for 15 minutes while test develops. They will NOT accept any test that were done without valid observation of the test being performed.  The honor system is a thing of the past.  I do not know if these are even available in Canada.  There were plenty

of happy Canadians on our cruise so it can be done.  Bon Voyage and dont wait too long on getting a test set up. The 48 hour testing window comes up fast.

7 hours ago, Altidude said:

Good morning. My wife and I were on the Regal from Dec 13-21. We are in Colorado so must also fly to FLL.

We ordered the Abbott Labs version of the covid test from the Princess site. ALL TEST MUST BE OBSEVERED by a approved testing process. The Abbott test is Proctored by a cellphone video feed to there

lab people. You set up camera to show you and the test device for 15 minutes while test develops. They will NOT accept any test that were done without valid observation of the test being performed.  The honor system is a thing of the past.  I do not know if these are even available in Canada.  There were plenty

of happy Canadians on our cruise so it can be done.  Bon Voyage and dont wait too long on getting a test set up. The 48 hour testing window comes up fast.

Thank you for your information. The test I am referring to IS a proctored test(supervised by a medical professional via video) so that part of it not my concern. I had checked the ones recommended on Princess’s site and they don’t ship to Canada.

My apologies for the misinformation on Abbott test out side the USA.  The testing site you call is in India so hard to imagine only shipping to USA but times are strange indeed.  Any test you purchase will need to be observed by Princess approved testing site. The 48 hour testing window is short.  If your outside the USA please call Princess for approved testing supplies or locations. The reward for all of this busy work is a trip on a ship in pristine condition and a crew that's eager to  please you. Bon Voyage

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FawnRiver said:

The Switch Health rapid antigen test is manufactured by SD Biosensor.  I took a look at the FDA website and it looks like it has an Emergency Use Authorization, so Princess should accept the results.

The SD Biosensor test kit issued an FDA EUA is not the test kit offered by Switch Health. The FDA approval is for a non-proctored home test kit similar to the ones handed out in schools in Ontario for self-testing. As it is not proctored, it would not be accepted by Princess.

As for the Switch Health test kit, it is proctored and might well be acceptable to Princess if it weren't for their requirement that it have an FDA EUA:

• The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Please note, antigen tests are accepted for fully vaccinated guests, but not for unvaccinated guests.
Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 3