Traveling with young children in general

Cruise Girly 88

We are going on a cruise this June with our toddler and one of the accessories available for our Zoe stroller is a rain cover. Did anyone find these useful when going to the Caribbean? I feel like it would just be hot under it, but wanted to see if others found it useful. We are flying in so ever item counts when space is limited. We are also thinking we would take our Lillebaby child carrier as well as the stroller. Did you find you used a child carrier?  Or did you mostly use the stroller? Our son will be just shy of two. Thanks in advance!

You should definitely bring the Lillebaby carrier. It offers you better flexibility than a stroller. Getting in and out of vehicles you can just wear them. Anywhere you can walk you can carry them (even up Mayan ruins as I have)

Strollers are great for places you can roll them and have them stay in them a good while. They can nap and give your arms and back a break versus the carrier. Bring just regular disposable ponchos if it looks like rain you can always throw one over it. 

You do get free stroller check with most airlines I've seen.