Planning for unforseen quarantines etc

• Administrators

Hello Steve.  Thank you for being here.

Want to take the cruise plunge, but unsure of how to plan -- insurance wise -- if something happens due to covid.  Prime example:  not being let on the ship and having to pay for extra costs such as hotel/food/transportation charges in the embarkation port.  Will insurance cover that?  In the US?  How about outside the US?

Thanks!

ACG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ACruiseGuy said:

Hello Steve.  Thank you for being here.

Want to take the cruise plunge, but unsure of how to plan -- insurance wise -- if something happens due to covid.  Prime example:  not being let on the ship and having to pay for extra costs such as hotel/food/transportation charges in the embarkation port.  Will insurance cover that?  In the US?  How about outside the US?

Thanks!

ACG

Hi ACG,

I've covered some of what you are asking on my Blog in these posts:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/blog/does-a-licensed-nurse-definition-of-a-physician/

Some Trip Cancellation companies have gotten more flexible by allowing the doctor's visit to be done via TeleMed or by a video conference, but I can't stress enough how important it is that you see a doctor. And, that you are not related to the doctor:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/blog/why-must-you-see-a-non-family-member-doctor/

While's it's possible a Trip Cancellation company would accept a licensed nurse or a nurse practitioner's advice, all the policies I know clearly state you have to see a licensed physician.

Steve Dasseos