A nearly empty Joy - 1/29/22

vacruizer

21 hours ago, FlGoodShips said:

Beatles in Theatre day 1 - 8pm

Beatles in Cavern day 3 -  730pm and 930pm

Beatles in Theatre day 5 - 730pm

Beatles in Cavern day 7 - 830pm

Every show was different and GREAT!

P.S. Cruise Director, Roberto, was awesome. He and his entire staff were unbelieveably entertaining and activities were abundant. They had activities everywhere!!!!

Thank you so much! 

Thanks for your review. I'm probably the only one, but that limited capacity sounds dreamy. HA. Too often I've been on ships walking around trying to find a seat somewhere or a chair by the pool. I can see how some would view it as sad though. Do you know who your Cruise Director was on the Joy? We're heading out in March, so I definitely expect more capacity then. 

VACRUISER WROTE

"This was my 3rd NCL cruise after 20 with Carnival and oddly enough I’ve seen way more of that on NCL than I ever did on Carnival. I’m talking falling down, sloppy, and in a couple cases passed out drunk. I think most people having unlimited beverages included on NCL may be the issue."

On our cruise back in December, as the ship was leaving Port Canaveral for the beginning of our cruise, our attention was captured by this one couple "dancing" by the pool who must have had intended to get the full benefit of their drink package. As they were onboard the ship, we knew that they had to have had a room not that far away.

DH noted that we must definitely be getting older as we weren't pleased with the couple's lack of inhibition. We were glad that there were no kids around who could get a lesson in post-courting behavior. 

4 hours ago, GALSews said:

VACRUISER WROTE

"This was my 3rd NCL cruise after 20 with Carnival and oddly enough I’ve seen way more of that on NCL than I ever did on Carnival. I’m talking falling down, sloppy, and in a couple cases passed out drunk. I think most people having unlimited beverages included on NCL may be the issue."

On our cruise back in December, as the ship was leaving Port Canaveral for the beginning of our cruise, our attention was captured by this one couple "dancing" by the pool who must have had intended to get the full benefit of their drink package. As they were onboard the ship, we knew that they had to have had a room not that far away.

DH noted that we must definitely be getting older as we weren't pleased with the couple's lack of inhibition. We were glad that there were no kids around who could get a lesson in post-courting behavior. 

Just havin' fun. Just sayin'

5 hours ago, mssandora said:

Thanks for your review. I'm probably the only one, but that limited capacity sounds dreamy. HA. Too often I've been on ships walking around trying to find a seat somewhere or a chair by the pool. I can see how some would view it as sad though. Do you know who your Cruise Director was on the Joy? We're heading out in March, so I definitely expect more capacity then. 

Cruise Director was Roberto 20220205_060031.thumb.jpg.bd5d454c67d4b4444d7d6dddbea2afc8.jpg

On 2/6/2022 at 6:32 PM, vacruizer said:

I’m still glad we went for it. It was much needed downtime and relaxation for our honeymoon. And I had so missed being at sea and watching the ocean go by. We really did have a great time but worry that NCL can’t sustain with cruises like this. They had to lose money on this one. 

No problems getting a spot on the Haven Sun deck, although we normally didn’t go up there until mid late afternoon. There were always drink waiters nearby as well. They come around about 4:30 in the afternoons and start packing up cushions and taking down umbrellas. It was a great place for sail aways but thought it odd they didn’t leave them out until 6 or 7pm. 

Our request from the butler was M&Ms. He told me to go get them on the observation deck buffet.  He agreed to bring them after I explained that my husband had mobility limitations and it was a long walk from our room.  It’s not that I’m too good to go get stuff myself, but why have the butler?  

I know people say that they have had great butlers outside haven area but not so with us also.  We had a haven aft penthouse in august (encore) and our butler had no interaction with us the whole cruise EXCEPT when I asked a question to a haven bartender and he called our butler to ask the question.  This was on day 3. Our butler said he would be right up to meet us --- hubby said forget that, he left me to finally meet our butler.  After which I never saw him again!  We did get our afternoon treats everyday but that is all......Now in September we were in the haven area and our butler went out of his way to interact with us.  Even tho we really didnt need anything from him it was nice that he knew who we were, and asked if he could do anything for us multiple times a day.  Big difference!