Island Jim...Fishing Report Please

NYHartChapp

Hi Jim,

Have read some of your posts on deep sea fishing in Cozumel. We'll be there on April 12. Can you make any reports on how the various charters are fairing, especially bill fish? Many thanks.

Fishing has been really good! We have caught lots of Wahoo this season and quite a few mahi-mahi or dorado. The billfish season generally picks up around the first of March and runs full force until about June to August, depending on lots of factors, but mostly warm weather and warm waters.

Fishing has been really good! We have caught lots of Wahoo this season and quite a few mahi-mahi or dorado. The billfish season generally picks up around the first of March and runs full force until about June to August, depending on lots of factors, but mostly warm weather and warm waters.

Thanks Jim. Seems that Albatross is the outfit to go with. Any disagreement?

Well, since my company is a provider of these charters, I take a bit of an exception. LOL

I will say that I believe they are as good an operator as any of the others.

Albatros Charters is head and shoulders above most operators in Cozumel, they are at the top, and unlike some "services" that are basically boat brokers, sometimes not even based in Cozumel, Rita and Burak (owners of Albatros) are a dedicated fishing charter company, and extremely dependable and honest. It's no coincidence that they come up at the top of most searches, and have OODLES of glowing reviews.

Go with Albatros and you will be getting alot more for your money, than most other options in Cozumel.

I read good things about most all charter operators in Cozumel and I happen to think they all pretty much give what they say they are offering to their clients.

That said, Albatross is probably as good as anybody here, but I don´t hear any more good or bad about them than any of the others that work hard to deliver good deals to the toursit of Cozumel.

I do not consider them head and sholders above the others, but I think they are probably just about as good as any of the others. I don't think you will be disappointed with any of the operators who work year in and year out doing this for a living.

People that aren't in that business any longer might try to guide you one way or another with misleading statements, but I know almost every operator on the island, an I am shooting as straight with you as anybody can.

Archived