Status Match Difficulty

momrox1

Has anyone found a successful method to add a status match when you know all info is correct but you get no response?  Or, in one of our cases a response stating The loyalty card number is already registered...  I was successful with my own match several months ago.  I never could get one for my friend but while onboard in Jan. the future cruise director found a way to add her for that cruise only so she enoyed Diamond status for one week.  Now another upcoming cruise and back to square one.  My husband gets the error message above.  I have searched this board and emailed every person I could find but I get nothing.  Phone calls are met with the agent stating they have no specific dept. for status match....anyone else ?

Last year I applied for status match with the online application form with a  page grab of my platinum plus status with NCL.... And heard absolutely nothing from them.

So a while later I tried again to apply and the screen came up "match unsuccessful" with a small note saying that the match  already registered.

I had to sign in for a "new user" account using the same details as used for the match to find out my Voyager club member number & to see that I am Gold, as expected & membership backdated to the day I applied.

So if anything like my application, it seems that a "no response" could be a good thing.... They just haven't told you.

Edit... Just found a link to an old thread where discussed... 

Edited by Stevio

I got no reply at all from my first status match request for my January cruise. I re-submitted 2-3 weeks later and got an email the next day that they matched me to Diamond Status. I would try submitting it again and make sure you have a screenshot or document attached showing the status you want to match.  The website / customer service for MSC is definitely an issue. Luckily the ships and onboard experience are excellent.