Where to stay pre-cruise Copenhagen with kids

We'll be staying in Copenhagen the night before our cruise and are looking for advice on where to stay. We have three small children, so the closer/easier to get to port, the better, I think. Hotels look like they might be tricky for a family of five, so many areas where we might find an AirBnB...but open to all suggestions.

Thank you!

unfortunately I’m not an expert of child-friendly hotels but no hotels very close to the cruise terminal on Oceankaj.

- closest hotel is Comwell Copenhagen Portside (3.2 km from the terminal) - right next door is ‘Stay Seaport’ - stayapartments.dk.  
Opportunities in Copenhagen might be Tivoli Hotel, Wakeup Copenhagen or Scandic Hotels or AirBnB.
You’ll need transportation both from airport and to the cruise port.

AC Bella Sky and Hotel Plaza have airport shuttle.

I took a Baltic cruise in 2014 (the first year the Russians threatened to invade the Ukraine but we did make it).  But please note that my recommendation is very old, and could be completely out of date, especially with covid.   Also, at the time we had a 3 year old and I was pregnant with our second so our family was only 3 people and I don't know if they have rooms for 5.

We were very happy with our stay at the Radisson Blu Royal, located near Tivoli Gardens. The rooms facing Tivoli Gardens have a wonderful view of the Tivoli Gardens fireworks on Saturday nights in the summer. We were jet lagged, but loved the show. Our room (505, a family room) was very large by European standards and had an excellent view of Tivoli Gardens and the train station (my son loved watching the trains go by). There was some limited noise from the street below, but I am a very light sleeper and was not disturbed by it. The buffet breakfast that was included with the family room was excellent. Travelers who prefer a quieter Saturday night can request rooms that don't face Tivoli Gardens, since they probably won't have the noise from the fireworks (it is a really impressive firework show though). Furnishings were a bit worn, but overall I was very happy with this comfortable, well located hotel (it is right next to the train station and many major bus stops, and you can take public transportation from the airport and to the cruise terminal directly from the hotel). This hotel also has air conditioning. Many hotels in Copenhagen lack air conditioning, so you may wish to contact the hotels you are considering booking in advance if you are sensitive to heat. 

Families should note that for part of the summer in 2014, the Tivoli hotel offered activities for children. If you are interested, please follow up with the hotel directly to see if they are planning to offer services again in 2015, and which dates they will be available. We chose the Radisson Blu because our cruise was in late August, after the end of the children's program at the Tivoli hotel.  

Oh and if you are going to Norway or the Baltics my reviews in my signature line might be helpful since we did both cruises with independent tours and had children with both.  Have a great trip - they're both incredible cruises with kids.   Please note though that Norway does not allow young children to be picked up by taxis without car seats, so you may wish to arrange taxis ahead of time since they are required to provide car seats if you arrange a ride ahead of time.  We didn't know this and Norway was much harder to handle the transportation because there isn't much public transportation and the cabs couldn't take  us so things were a bit harder than anywhere else we'd travelled.

Edited by kitkat343

2 hours ago, hallasm said:

Today ‘Radisson Collection Royal Copenhagen’

Thanks - sorry - it's been quite awhile - the baby I was pregnant with turns 7 soon!

At least in 2014 it was quite lovely, and very close to Tivoli and welcoming for families.