Brilliant Suite Question (Scarlet Lady)

MerriWthr

We’ll be on the SL at the end of March for a family get together. I’m sharing the Brilliant Suite with my Sis-in-Law. I can’t tell from all the videos if the shower/bathroom has a door or are we gonna get to see each other in all our glory while we shower/use the bathroom?

Anyone been in the Brilliant Suite that can tell me if we need to come up with a plan? 

Thanks!

Michelle

Yes, it has a door but the shower is "peek-a-boo" meaning there's a transparent window above the bed while you're in the shower you can see out into the room and then out to the sea.  If you're short, you're good.  If you're taller and worried about showing your "upper assets" off to your sister...I kept the lights OFF in the bathroom when I was showering and by doing so anyone in the room couldn't see in.  There was enough light coming through that big window to be able to shower.  Couple images I took.  Overall, I quite liked the room.

IMG_4782.jpeg

IMG_4784D.jpeg

• Like 1

You can request to have the peek-a-boo shower window covered by your room attendant. At least that’s what the room reviewers have said.

jchipgcs, how was the noise level? Love the room layout, but the deck 14 location has me wondering. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fogcityca13 said:

You can request to have the peek-a-boo shower window covered by your room attendant. At least that’s what the room reviewers have said.

jchipgcs, how was the noise level? Love the room layout, but the deck 14 location has me wondering. 

I've been asked that a couple of times and at first my answer was "I didn't have any noise issues".  So obviously I wasn't bothered.  But thinking back harder, on "Scarlet Night" the party went on for a while longer than I was able to stay up for and I DO remember hearing music that night as I first got into bed but it wasn't annoying, didn't last much longer.  It made me regret that I went to bed and didn't stay up longer enjoying the fun on deck.  If you're looking for "near silence" maybe opt to go for one of the Cheeky Corner Suites.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2022 at 10:20 AM, jchipgcs said:

If you're looking for "near silence" maybe opt to go for one of the Cheeky Corner Suites.

Can confirm - we were in a Cheeky Corner on 11, so we were concerned that the Dock House would be super noisy.  Didn't hear a peep from our upstairs, downstairs or nextdoor neighbors or the Dock the whole voyage

• Like 2

Jchipgcs - thanks for the reply and the pics! I knew about asking to have the peekaboo covered - and we probably will. Sis won’t have issues- but I will! Lol. I was more concerned about her being able to come into the bathroom while I’m showering and vice versa to get ready for dinners, etc. 

We’ll make it work! We travel together quite a bit! 

Thanks again!

M. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Did you find a solution to this? I'm bringing a light-blocking curtain and magnetic hooks to hang from the ceiling. Hopefully this will be long enough to afford some privacy while in the shower (between the doorway/sink and the shower).

How did you find the foldout couch or did you just share the bed?

Sailing next week and trying to plan accordingly.

Thank you!

Like the OP, I understand about the peekaboo window. I'm talking about the glass shower. Would be nice to be able to use the bathroom or sink while someone else is showering without seeing them in their birthday suit.

Also, I'm still interested in hearing about the comfort of the sleeper couch.

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, nancydow said:

Like the OP, I understand about the peekaboo window. I'm talking about the glass shower. Would be nice to be able to use the bathroom or sink while someone else is showering without seeing them in their birthday suit.

Also, I'm still interested in hearing about the comfort of the sleeper couch.

Thank you! 

The peekaboo window is the one that looks into the shower. Ask the cabin attendant and they can cover it up. The door into the bathroom is solid and can be locked. Inside the bathroom there is a non-lockable door to the toilet cubicle too, so even if you don’t cover the shower window you can close the door when using the toilet.