Mahahual mobility limits

diannezzz

We visited Costa Maya years ago and really enjoyed spending time at Mahahual.  Does anyone know what beach bars/resturants are closest to where the taxis drop you off from the port?  One person in our group can not walk long distances so I am hoping to find one that would be less walking.  Thank you.

9 minutes ago, diannezzz said:

We visited Costa Maya years ago and really enjoyed spending time at Mahahual.  Does anyone know what beach bars/resturants are closest to where the taxis drop you off from the port?  One person in our group can not walk long distances so I am hoping to find one that would be less walking.  Thank you.

The malecon is pedestrian-way so the taxis basically drop you one street away so if you ask to be dropped where you want to go the walk should be about the same to any bar.

It depends what facilities the rest of your group needs.

Krazy Lobster has a drop-off at their back entrance and you need to walk through their property, across the road to the beach. 

Hotel Luna de Plata is just beyond the malecon and you will be dropped at the front entrance, right next to the beach. Google for photos and confirm by email they are still allowing cruise visitors for PAYG. I presume they have bar service on the beach but it was raining when we were there and we sat on the covered area at the front of the hotel.