Dining table configurations on Celebrity

laurap414

Hi we have cruised a lot on Holland America and Norwegian but never on Celebrity. My wife and I will be sailing on Edge soon and I wasn't sure what to select for table size. We sometimes get a bit bored with each other's company and enjoy meeting new people by being seated at random with other couples. We have made great friends this way. You just show up in the MDR and tell the Maitre D you don't care who you are seated with. But the Edge doesn't have a MDR so does it ever work this way? I don’t think I selected a dining time but I think I selected a table for two. Was that correct or does it matter? Thanks!!

Edited by laurap414
Typo

I think Edge is just like Apex, I sailed on Apex about 3 months ago.   My wife and I generally also prefer to be seated at a larger table, meeting other folks, and adding to the enjoyment of the cruise.  My sailing 4 months ago was *very* different than any prior cruise, because of all the COVID changes. At that time, they were only seating large tables of families sailing together, or groups organized together (not seating random folks at large tables).  I think that is still the policy but am hopeful it would be changing almost any day now, if not already changed.   There are 4 main dining rooms, they seem to be approximately the same size, and they all had some large tables, and some small tables, I expect someday they would return to that method, so if thats your preference, just state that as such on your reservation.  Even if you end up without an assigned dining time or dining room, I think you can still ask to be seated with a larger table (larger group).  Hope that helps you.

Edited by cruzer0007
  • Thanks 1

Pre Covid if you had Select dining ( anytime dining) you could tell the MaitreD at the dining room you wanted to try that night  that you would like a shared table and you would be seated with others.  Since the Covid restrictions are being eliminated you may be able to do a shared table when you cruise.

• Thanks 1