NCL CAS Representatives - work on commissions?

Beach Life 1

Does anyone know if the CAS representatives work on commission?  I've been using the same representative for a few years,  but I'm thinking of trying someone else.   He's hard to get in contact with,  and when you leave a message it may take him a few days to call back,  or I just have to keep calling everyday until I hit it right, and he picks up the phone.   Does anyone else have this problem with their CAS Representatives?   Do you always use the same person?  Does it matter who you use?   I thought by using the same person, and he got to know us,  I would get better deals, but it's annoying that he never calls back.   Thanks

I've been told that the agents are being required to answer the main line calls instead of answering their own messages due to CAS being short-staffed.    My favorite agent used to call me back the same day, but currently there could be a delay of a days.

While I sometimes call one of my favorite agents, I have also just called and booked with whoever answers.   Usually, I've been fine with booking on the main line.  Once in awhile, I've had to call back again and see if I can get luckier with whoever answers the phone.  (A 'rookie' agent offered me an OceanView.  Called back next day and got a Mini-Suite/Club Balcony)

The more experienced agents seem to do the best job of figuring out what comp level I qualified for.  The less experienced agents either don't know how to properly figure out a comp for an over 7 day cruise or special cabin category, or they don't dare ask a supervisor. 

Sorry, I don't know if they work on commissions.  I tend to think they do not???  I've never had them try to push me into a paid upgrade.

Edited by Sand and Seas
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

I've been told that the agents are being required to answer the main line calls instead of answering their own messages due to CAS being short-staffed.    My favorite agent used to call me back the same day, but currently there could be a delay of a days.

While I sometimes call one of my favorite agents, I have also just called and booked with whoever answers.   Usually, I've been fine with booking on the main line.  Once in awhile, I've had to call back again and see if I can get luckier with whoever answers the phone.  (A 'rookie' agent offered me an OceanView.  Called back next day and got a Mini-Suite/Club Balcony)

The more experienced agents seem to do the best job of figuring out what comp level I qualified for.  The less experienced agents either don't know how to properly figure out a comp for an over 7 day cruise or special cabin category, or they don't dare ask a supervisor. 

Sorry, I don't know if they work on commissions.  I tend to think they do not???  I've never had them try to push me into a paid upgrade.

I was curious if they worked on commission, if they did,  I was hesitant  to book with a different agent then I normally use.  Even though he takes a while to get back to me,  I didn't want to have him lose any commission  because I've been with him for a few years,  and he's very nice and helpful,  but just takes, what seems like forever,  to get back to me.  Thanks for reply.

• Like 1