Which Side to Book ? (Boston to Montreal)

Billtkat

About to book a Boston to Montreal Cruise on the Zaandam. Last time we did this cruise was another ship and we had the very back rooms on the 7th deck so we could see both right and left. Those are booked so I have to pick a side and it has been several years since our last trip. I was hoping someone that has taken this enough or recently can let me know which side should I look to book for a better view going down the St Lawrence River - thanks ! 

19 hours ago, Billtkat said:

About to book a Boston to Montreal Cruise on the Zaandam. Last time we did this cruise was another ship and we had the very back rooms on the 7th deck so we could see both right and left. Those are booked so I have to pick a side and it has been several years since our last trip. I was hoping someone that has taken this enough or recently can let me know which side should I look to book for a better view going down the St Lawrence River - thanks ! 

Either side will provide satisfactory views, in my opinion.  Starboard side might provide better views of the communities along the North side of the River; don't remember if the South side has that many communities in comparison to the North side.  The Zaandam has a Crow's Nest above the Bridge.  That's an excellent location for being able to see what's on both sides of the ship.