ship activities?

seahawk8292

I was just on a 7 day cruise on the Sapphire. The activities were only scheduled on "at sea days" except for one day where we left port at 2pm.

I think the only reason for these activities is to simply keep people from getting bored. But most people, including myself, don't participate in them. I prefer sitting on my balcony with a good book.

I am kinda curious myself about "pool games." Personally, I find them to be entertaining and something to look forward to on "at sea" days. Carnival is big on this. RCCL's Enchantment offered very little, and NCL was also shy on pool games. I guess my question is, what can I expect while lounging in a deck chair, poolside, during our only at-sea day on Golden????

I do all of them from pool olympics to pool volleyball and even Princess Idol. The days are not long enough for me when cruising.

My wife loves to just lay in the sun with a good book while I make a fool of myself jamming fruit in my bathing suit. I usually am awake by 5AM on the first morning raring and ready to go. I can read a book at home or even on the plane on the way home.

To each his own...that's what makes cruising so great!!!

Enjoy it either way.

Oh yeah and they generally don't plan anything while in port. This is when the staff has time off or they have meetings to plan the evenings events.

Anyone out there know if princess schedules activities on the ships the days that you are in port? such as pool games? Or are they scheduled only on "at sea" days.:rolleyes:

In my review, there was a copy of all the Princess Patters from our recent Mexican Riviera Cruise so you can see exactly what was available each day. It was pretty much the same as at-sea days, just not as much maybe. For instance, there was an Adult Volley Ball Competition scheduled in the Pool on the day we were in Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan.

You will find a link to the Patters at the end of the Review.

http://members.aol.com/pudyqat/DawnPrincess.html

Carol

Archived