Paradise Cove Luau or Aulii Luau

JBethM

Has anyone ever been to both the Paradise Cove Luau on Oahu AND Aulii Luau on Kauai? If so, which did you enjoy more? I really want to go to a luau with a beach setting. (We will not have time to go to one in Maui). I know that the Aulii Luau does not have the Imu Ceremony. I feel that is something we would want to see because it is traditional; however, I may be making that into more than it is. Thanks! 

If Kalua Pig isn't cooked in an imu, it is just pulled pork. I'd go with Paradise Cove.

I've never been to the ʻAuliʻi Luau but I've walked past it dozens of times in the times we've been in Poipu. It is fine, there is a bit of a sameness to most commercial luaus. I think Paradise Cove is more what you are looking for.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scottca075 said:

If Kalua Pig isn't cooked in an imu, it is just pulled pork. I'd go with Paradise Cove.

I've never been to the ʻAuliʻi Luau but I've walked past it dozens of times in the times we've been in Poipu. It is fine, there is a bit of a sameness to most commercial luaus. I think Paradise Cove is more what you are looking for.

That is what I'm thinking, as well. Thank you!

• 6 months later...
On 4/8/2022 at 4:53 PM, JBethM said:

Has anyone ever been to both the Paradise Cove Luau on Oahu AND Aulii Luau on Kauai? If so, which did you enjoy more? I really want to go to a luau with a beach setting. (We will not have time to go to one in Maui). I know that the Aulii Luau does not have the Imu Ceremony. I feel that is something we would want to see because it is traditional; however, I may be making that into more than it is. Thanks! 

There is also a luau at The Polynesian Culture Center that has an Aulii luau, and it has the Imu Ceremony.

On 10/26/2022 at 7:50 AM, Moose12345 said:

There is also a luau at The Polynesian Culture Center that has an Aulii luau, and it has the Imu Ceremony.

The PCC has no alcoholic beverages, maybe a deal breaker for some. It's an all day affair if you plan on "visiting" all six islands.