Getting from the YVR Long Term parking lot to the Pan Pacific

We will be easing the pain of paying for a night at the Pan Pacific before our next cruise by saving over US$600 (!) by parking at the airport rather than at Canada Place.

We have never been to YVR, but I'm just sure I can find the Long Term lot. Our reservations there have directions. My question is how do we get us and our buttload of luggage from our car in the parking lot to the nice bell man at the Pan Pacific? I read here that we should take a cab, but cabs don't generally cruise airport parking lots. Is there a roving shuttle and if so where do we have it take us?

Alternatively, can we drop our luggage at the hotel without paying for valet parking while we do that? Other suggestions?

TIA

The PP is a fancy enough hotel that you should have no problem dropping bags long before check-in - but you'd be wasting at least an hour driving past the airport on the way into town then back out again...

YVR long-term parking lot has a SkyTrain station (Templeton). Since it's on Sea Island, you can ride it for free to YVR then get a fixed-rate cab ($36 to the PP, the rates just went up) or you can ride it the other direction to Waterfront Station and walk <400 yards to the PP. Basically, if you can handle your bags from car to train at the parking area you can manage it at the other end too - you might have to walk quite a bit further depending which spot in the lot you get!

If you can't handle schlepping your bags that far but don't want to waste a whole hour, drop off passengers and bags at the airport, drive to long-term parking unencumbered, ride SkyTrain back to meet up, then join the cab queue. Far, far quicker than driving downtown and back!

On 4/18/2022 at 5:41 PM, IPB4IGO said:

We will be easing the pain of paying for a night at the Pan Pacific before our next cruise by saving over US$600 (!) by parking at the airport rather than at Canada Place.

We have never been to YVR, but I'm just sure I can find the Long Term lot. Our reservations there have directions. My question is how do we get us and our buttload of luggage from our car in the parking lot to the nice bell man at the Pan Pacific? I read here that we should take a cab, but cabs don't generally cruise airport parking lots. Is there a roving shuttle and if so where do we have it take us?

Alternatively, can we drop our luggage at the hotel without paying for valet parking while we do that? Other suggestions?

TIA

Hi! The long term parking lot at YVR is located right at the Templeton Canada Line Station.  You do not need to take the Canada Line to the actual airport and instead can board the Canada Line at Templeton Station making sure you get on a northbound train that is going to Waterfront station.  You will have a longer walk from Waterfront Station to The Pan Pacific at Canada Place than you will from your car to Templeton Station.