First time cruising in Mega Rock Star Suite; Zero communications and we are 7 days prior to cruise. Is this correct?

CustomerCare

We have been really disappointed so far with the complete lack of comms and guidance for our cruise next Friday.  We understood we would have access to an agent to help us before the cruise which we have received zero details for or contact.  We have received no notice of advanced booking windows for suite passengers and we still don't know boarding times etc for the ship.  We have been on the app today and seen there is no availability at the speciality restaurants and the slots available fail when you try to book them.

Is this lack of engagement normal with Virgin Cruises as this is diabolical compared to all other cruise lines I have cruised with?  Im left dreading the cruise now and feeling like I have been upsold this suite features which are non existent (the invisible rock star agent!)

@CustomerCareI am sailing (just as a RockStar) in just over 2 weeks and have not had the same experience. I received emails when booking windows opened for shore excursions and dining and booked them on the app. I also have contacted my Rockstar agent several times prior to this through the app and have gotten prompt responses (although I am currently waiting on a response that has taken longer than usual). I know Mega Rockstars are supposed to have "roadies" to provide more personalized service and I expect that once you board, they will be able to work out your schedule requests despite them showing unavailable in the app. Maybe try sending a message to them through the app?

• Like 1

We are travelling as mega rockstars at the end of May.

You can email them at RedGloveService@virginvoyages.com

I used this email to set up our included transfers, and to ask some questions. I am a planner so had a note on the calendar for when dining reservations opened - made reservations but fully expect to be getting our roadie to change them once on board.

I think the roadie help is focused on the time on board more than before. Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

@dukefan94 good to know that I am not expecting too much.  I didn't even receive a reminder to pay the balance 🙂.   I dont even know when the booking window opened for Mega Rockstars and I had been (stupidly) for an email to tell me the dates and time for the windows.   @britincanada Thanks for the email.  That was just the kind of thing I was expecting.  It may be a unique mess up just for me but I am now pretty cold about this Brand and VV just dont seem capable of the required admin (possibly in my case).

The good news is that your roadie should be able to book everything for you as soon as you get on. We were told that they would basically "make it happen" if Mega Rockstars had any reservation/booking requests.

We sailed as plain old Rockstars in December and were neurotic about booking dinners as soon as we could... then we saw the entertainment schedule conflicted with most of our bookings.  Our agent was able to redo all of our reservations once we got on board, and she also rebooked us for a new show when one of our shows got cancelled due to projector issues.

• Like 1

We are also mega rockstars in 2 weeks and there has been no communication except trying to call them with limited success. 

as was stated earlier, online your roadies can make whatever reservations you need happen as a mega rs at any time regarding shows and dining reservations. It seems the roadies onboard will take great care and even anticipate needs. I hope you have a wonderful trip! 

10 hours ago, CustomerCare said:

We have been really disappointed so far with the complete lack of comms and guidance for our cruise next Friday.  We understood we would have access to an agent to help us before the cruise which we have received zero details for or contact.  We have received no notice of advanced booking windows for suite passengers and we still don't know boarding times etc for the ship.  We have been on the app today and seen there is no availability at the speciality restaurants and the slots available fail when you try to book them.

Is this lack of engagement normal with Virgin Cruises as this is diabolical compared to all other cruise lines I have cruised with?  Im left dreading the cruise now and feeling like I have been upsold this suite features which are non existent (the invisible rock star agent!)

We just got off Scarlet Lady a week ago and also sailed as Mega Rockstars.  We were contacted about 1-2 weeks out to arrange our transportation to/from the ship.  We made dinner reservations on the app, but as others have said, as soon as you board and arrive at your suite, your Roadie will be there to book any/all things you would like.  He almost seemed disappointed that we had already booked everything on our own through the app.  Any time slot were available for us for any restaurant or show....you will have no issue at all.  We like to eat late at 8:30/9:00 and we were often some of the only people in the entire restaurant for these time slots.  We could have easily walked up to any restaurant without a reservation at this time.  He also asked for anything special you would like in the room.  I requested a bottle of Buffalo Trace, extra water/ice for the cabin to be placed everyday without us asking and a few other items.  

As far as boarding time, nobody boards before about 2pm.  We strategically planned to arrive at the port at 1:30pm to minimize waiting around in the lounge for boarding.  This was the perfect time to show up because as soon as we got our wristbands, showed our negative COVID tests and checked in, boarding began and we were some of the first to board.  We skipped the champaigne party in The Manor and went straight to our suite where we were instantly greeted by our Roadie. Luggage showed up about a half hour later.  It was truly seemless and easy. 

Just like you, I found it sort of odd that they didn't contact us beforehand in advance, but once on board, all my concerns were alleviated.  You are going to have an incredible time!!!!  Enjoy...

Edited by Raiders4Life32
  • Like 2

You can email them, also make sure their email isn’t going to your spam folder. I’ve contacted them with a few questions and they have got back to me pretty quickly. They could do better with making the process better. It took a bit of digging to find the contact info in the app. In app: click Me at the bottom, then click on your profile picture, at the bottom of the page is the Contact your Rockstar Agent.

redgloveservice@virginvoyages.com

We had to reach out by phone and call. 

I am a little bit of a control freak and needed to know about pick up and drop off.

We finally got the confirmation email about our pick up about 36 hours before sail. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 5:47 PM, Fogcityca13 said:

You can email them, also make sure their email isn’t going to your spam folder. I’ve contacted them with a few questions and they have got back to me pretty quickly. They could do better with making the process better. It took a bit of digging to find the contact info in the app. In app: click Me at the bottom, then click on your profile picture, at the bottom of the page is the Contact your Rockstar Agent.

redgloveservice@virginvoyages.com

I sent them an email 8 days ago and have not received a reply.