Limited View Sea Terrace Question

MarkWiltonM

Virgin is marketing the Limited View Sea Terraces (Category TL) as having a "slightly" limited view. I haven't found any videos or photographs of these verandas. Can anyone tell me how limited the views are? For example, are there life boats in front or below that prevent you from looking down from the veranda to the water?

Here's the deal I took a chance and booked a limited view Sea Terrace and they put me on 8th floor  towards the aft with lifeboat blocking view.  I then got an upgrade bid and today I got an XL at a great price.  It's a roll of the dice but VV was upfront and fair with the bid.  You may not be able to be as lucky.  We leave this Friday.

Bon Voyage!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/27/2022 at 12:58 PM, Nymich said:

Here's the deal I took a chance and booked a limited view Sea Terrace and they put me on 8th floor  towards the aft with lifeboat blocking view.  I then got an upgrade bid and today I got an XL at a great price.  It's a roll of the dice but VV was upfront and fair with the bid.  You may not be able to be as lucky.  We leave this Friday.

Bon Voyage!

How much did you bid for the upgrade from limited view to XL terrace? And did they tell you the bid required to put you at the top, and did you do that?

On 4/28/2022 at 4:40 PM, FoxCrane said:

How much did you bid for the upgrade from limited view to XL terrace? And did they tell you the bid required to put you at the top, and did you do that?

We bid in the middle but only just over 700 people on this cruise so no doubt why we got moved up.  

We booked a Ltd sea view for our 3nt cruise on Valiant at the beginning of this month, staying in 8242A. We wouldn’t usually, but as the sailing was short to Belgium and back, we figured we’d try it out and it was pretty cheap.

Our balcony was in between two life boats, so the view wasn’t as restricted as it could have been. Slight wobbly video attached 😏

After we set sail, we went to Sailor Services and asked if there was an opportunity for a free upgrade to a standard balcony cabin. They kindly obliged and moved us further along the same deck with an unrestricted view. 🙂

Edited by demon_princezz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/30/2022 at 3:52 AM, demon_princezz said:

After we set sail, we went to Sailor Services and asked if there was an opportunity for a free upgrade to a standard balcony cabin. They kindly obliged and moved us further along the same deck with an unrestricted view. 🙂

And that's why it never hurts to ask. Especially as it seems VV has not been selling out in Miami. Nicely done!