AmaWaterways Covid and Masks on Board

Hipockets

Of course this might change by July, but here is AMA's current mask policy:

At this time, all guests are required to wear medical grade face masks when moving through interior spaces on the ship. For excursions, independent sightseeing and public transportation on shore, including on our motorcoaches, N95/FFP2 masks may be required. This will be determined by local authorities. In the event they are required by local authorities, our onboard gift shops fleetwide will offer a limited supply for purchase. Please be advised that cloth masks will not be allowed on board.

We just returned from the AMA Siena Enchanting Rhine cruise Amsterdam to Basel.

N95 or medical grade masks are required while transiting public areas on board. The reality was that people wore any type of masks, including cloth masks. The only time I saw the mask mandate enforced was when people went to the breakfast buffet. That said, most passengers complied.

We were told masks were required on tour buses. The reality was that most people didn't wear them and it was hit or miss whether the bus guides did. On walking tours al the guides we had wore them. The staff on board always wore them.

Masks were not required on the non Ama tours bus tours we did in both Amsterdam and Zurich.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, salw said:

I am wondering if anyone tested positive and had to quarantine prior to returning home??

On our cruise they didn't say BUT:

I noticed several cabins receiving room service on the last day of the cruise after the offered Covid testing. This was unusual as I don't believe they offer room service.

So my "guess" would be, yes, there were people who tested positive.

My guess would also be that if you took a random sample of 125 people out in the general population several would also test positive.

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to AmaWaterways Covid and Masks on Board