Best beach and shopping in Cozumel?

Okay, I'm going in a month to Cozumel. It's a 4 night cruise so Cozumel is the only port. I know that I want to shop, and go to the beach. (Not snorkeling, or any land excursions, I want to go at my own pace.) So, from someone who has been and knows what's best, could you give me advice on the best shopping and best beach to just relax at? By shopping I mean cheap stuff, knick-knacks, and the like. Thanks!

Was in Cozumel last summer and it turned out to be one of my favorite ports. There was a shopping mall adjoining the area where you dock but unfortunately I heard that the dock was destroyed in last years hurricane season. As for beaches, my best beach day of all time was Paradise Beach. About a 10 minute ride from the dock (I'm assuming that you tender there now). There is a long line of taxis waiting and a long list of posted rates for different destinations.

Paradise Beach has everything you could want. Chairs, umbrellas, bar, food, showers, waverunners, water trampoline, water iceberg. We had a great time!!! Cant wait to go back.......ENJOY.

Okay, I'm going in a month to Cozumel. It's a 4 night cruise so Cozumel is the only port. I know that I want to shop, and go to the beach. (Not snorkeling, or any land excursions, I want to go at my own pace.) So, from someone who has been and knows what's best, could you give me advice on the best shopping and best beach to just relax at? By shopping I mean cheap stuff, knick-knacks, and the like. Thanks!

Jan 2006 - went to Paradise Beach, very pleasant, food/snack very good. Lot of beach areas have still not recovered from hurricane. Can't say anything about shopping

We were at Paradise Beach last March of 2005. It was the best!!! Beach was great, food was very good, as well as the service and facilities. I will definitely go back the next time I'm in Cozumel!!!! Our taxi ride there was a little frightening, tho :eek:

I agree with all of the posters that mentioned Paradise Beach. It's heaven. Free umbrellas and chaise lounges (the comfortable ones not the ones that sit on the sand with no legs, for me anyway) Los Cinco Soles for knick knacks/Mexican artifacts. Very large store, personnel helpful. It's located in the middle of the shopping area, upper level near one of the cruise docks. Not sure where the ships tender now that the docks are damaged. Enjoy every moment of your cruise.

Archived