Live from the Getaway. London - Copenhagen 8-18 May 2022

50 minutes ago, Happycrafter123 said:

I hope the rest of your cruise and day in Copenhagen was lovely.

one more question out of curiosity, in the buffet were they serving you or was it self serve? 

any packing tips for other new cruisers?

Buffet was self serve

Packing wise, I’d bring less clothes, definitely always bring my kindle, bring a pen and highlighter for the daily schedules, binoculars if you have a balcony, some salty snacks for the cabin, extra long extension cord. 

i would always take the Free at Sea package, wouldn’t take Priority boarding, the Vibe on a reduced capacity trip or too large a water package !

• Like 2

Free at sea price has doubled on UK bookings.

Easy to overpack, this trip half my stuff was things I did not use on a trip from the UK last month when port by car.

When you get to free laundry level you can cut back more and reuse.

Have a safe trip home we added a night at the end and late flight home to give 2 more days.

Are they going to be on schedule to disembark after testing the Americans for flying home?

• Like 1

I'm just at Copenhagen airport. Disembarkation seemed very effortless and on time. I kept my 2 suitcases with me and just brought them down to the quay by myself but the luggage for those who had left it out appeared to be waiting for them with no issues. 

Coach was on time for airport shuttle. 

Overall I think it was a very good cruise. Some things I'd prefer they improved but far more that didn't need any tweaks. Overall I had a great time and am already looking forward to the next one. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChC said:

Again? It was £99, recently up to £149-£249 depending on length. I hope no further increase!

The UK old rates were from from £49 up to £249

up to £349 with the new rates(not all doubled)

These increase are  so recent my guess was the OP booked on the old rates and may not know about the increased rates

1 hour ago, argyll1881 said:

Some things I'd prefer they improved

Would love to hear the things they could improve. We are on Getaway in June and always good to hear the negatives in advance! 

• Like 1

I was lucky to be on this cruise, for embarkation my slotted time was 12:00 and embarkation has never been easier, within 20/25 minutes or so we were on board.   Perhaps 9 am is just too early with passengers from the incoming cruise still on board.

I was also told that there were 1,500 Pax on board and it seemed legit.  Nothing was ever really crowded except Syd Norman’s, but that was because that band was amazingly good, we rarely ran into people on the elevators and the wait was always a few seconds.

Cruising is almost back to normal, we had a great time.  I hear about crew shortages, well not on this cruise, we were pampered by NCL.

Cagney’s and Teppanyaki were incredible, Moderno was good and the included venues like Savor, Taste and Tropicana did not disappoint.  O’Sheehans was good very time.

Entertainment was hit or miss.  The band at Syd’s was world class, just great.  The Duo’s all over were good, but some of the shows at the Theater were just OK.  Still, plenty to do and lot’s of fun.

Sad as always that the cruise had to end.  Wonderful vacation.