Boarding

We just received our cruise documents for the Legend out of Tampa on April 1. Our appointed boarding time is 2p in bold print and we are ask not to board prior to this time. We sailed the Splendour last Feb. (also 2p boarding, which we honored) and found we were the only people in the cruise terminal. Everyone else had boarded long before apparently. Since then, we've sailed Carnival and Holland and we made it a point to arrive at the terminals around 10:30a and were on board by 11:30. We'd love some feedback on the best time for boarding on RCCL.

We just received our cruise documents for the Legend out of Tampa on April 1. Our appointed boarding time is 2p in bold print and we are ask not to board prior to this time. We sailed the Splendour last Feb. (also 2p boarding, which we honored) and found we were the only people in the cruise terminal. Everyone else had boarded long before apparently. Since then, we've sailed Carnival and Holland and we made it a point to arrive at the terminals around 10:30a and were on board by 11:30. We'd love some feedback on the best time for boarding on RCCL.

Look on the bright side, if you were the only ones in thr terminal you wouldn't have any long lines getting checked in.

This is assuming, of course, that the ship wasn't leaving in 15 minutes and EVERYONE was waiting on you so they could leave!!

My documents also say 2 pm boldly but we are still planning on going about 11 am. I just hope the lines are not too long at that time because that seems to be the time everyone has told me go. My only concern is that I really don't want to haul around my carry on. But I've also heard they have a place for you to put your carry ons if your room is not ready. Anyone know about that for the Jewel?

Archived