Current dining options on Azamara

soxfan1495

We will be cruising for the first time on Azamara Pursuit soon and wonder how the dining options may have been affected by Covid.  Having read some recent posts suggesting that there have been changes due to reduced bookings or Covid, we are specifically wondering what the outdoor dining options are currently.  Specifically, having watched this description of dining options on the ship that was published in 2019 (link below), we wonder how Covid may have changed: (1) how the Windows buffet works (is it still possible to select food yourself and then go outdoors to sit at a table?)   (2) Are there any changes to using the Patio?  Are there any changes to the option to dining on your balcony?   (We are not as interested in the special dining options that involve additional payment.)  

Here is the video - how accurate is it now?  Thank you!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwillbbvmNr3AhVET98KHfw5Dx4QtwJ6BAgHEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DUAaK10Z0UKM&usg=AOvVaw0YVQIxq_aEFmkpCUB12eam

When are you travelling?  Dining options will change on each cruise due to pax load, so prepare for changes!  Currently on the Pursuit ~280 pax, Windows buffet open for breakfast and lunch as self-chosen, served by staff and you can sit anywhere, even the Patio is you wished.  Dinner at Windows is a white table resturant (inside and out-no table clothes outside).  Choices of appitizers, entrees and desserts are displayed and you order from the menu and courses are served at you table.  I think this is a very nice option, less food, less waste. However this may change as 600 pax would requires more staff than the reg buffet.  Now it works great. 

Currently the Patio is open only for lunch. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Leo!  We really appreciate your response, which is very helpful and timely, since are also on the Pursuit, and depart on May 31 from Barcelona.  Windows sounds like a nice option for dinner.  Just so I fully understand: if you go to Windows for dinner, is it possible to order food from the menu, have the food served to you at a table inside, and then take your food to an outside location?  When you say "no table clothes outside" do you mean that the tables outside, do not have a cloth on top, napkins, silverware, etc., but are otherwise available for use?  Do passengers use those tables to have dinner that they picked up in Windows?  Is the menu selection in Windows at dinner similar to what one would expect at a buffet (i.e., a wide range of items to choose from)?  Also, although not a dining question, I wonder if you could maybe help with another question: with only about 280 passengers on board, what other changes (e.g., with entertainment) do you notice from what would you expect would be available if the ship had 600 pax?  Thanks again.

28 minutes ago, soxfan1495 said:

if you go to Windows for dinner, is it possible to order food from the menu, have the food served to you at a table inside, and then take your food to an outside location?  When you say "no table clothes outside" do you mean that the tables outside, do not have a cloth on top, napkins, silverware, etc., but are otherwise available for use?  Do passengers use those tables to have dinner that they picked up in Windows?  Is the menu selection in Windows at dinner similar to what one would expect at a buffet (i.e., a wide range of items to choose from)?  Also, although not a dining question, I wonder if you could maybe help with another question: with only about 280 passengers on board, what other changes (e.g., with entertainment) do you notice from what would you expect would be available if the ship had 600 pax?  Thanks again.

I am currently on Quest, think we have around 580 passengers and had previously been on Journey with 250ish

re Windows, there is an outside seating area called the Sunset Veranda, tables are set up with glasses, cutlery etc and you can order and be served there. Menus have been on a theme each night, last night was Thai night, there has been Chinese, Italian, German etc and will be expecting British and Indian nights. smallish menu, usually 3 x starters, a soup, 3 or 4 mains and 2 deserts.

Difference with passenger numbers and entertainment. With the smaller numbers there was one showtime each night, with the bigger numbers there are two.

• Like 4