Dress code - shoes - on Orchestra

jantoby

I have to keep my packing to a minimum - flying hand luggage only - for a week.   I'll eat in the buffet on formal night(s) so won't need clothes for that.  It's ages since I last went on MSC and things have probably changed, but as shoes take up the most space I'm hoping I'll be OK in my pretty trainers so I can use those daytime and evening, too.  Would I be OK with these, with tidy trousers and top?  

20220515_173954.jpg

Hi! First of it all: Be welcome to the MSC boards.

With those shoes and what you describe as your dressing for the day and the evening you'll even to be OK on formal night in the MDR these post covid days, I believe. For some years from now, things have changed a little bit, and even though, some MSC cruisers tend to be somewhat formal, especially on formal/elegant nights, truth is that things are now far more relaxed than what they were some 10 years ago. I stopped to use a tie back 2015 for example...

Oh; and only one formal/elegant night per week since 2017 or so. In summary: Don't worry so much on formality versus anything else.

Have a nice day!...

5 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Hi! First of it all: Be welcome to the MSC boards.

With those shoes and what you describe as your dressing for the day and the evening you'll even to be OK on formal night in the MDR these post covid days, I believe. For some years from now, things have changed a little bit, and even though, some MSC cruisers tend to be somewhat formal, especially on formal/elegant nights, truth is that things are now far more relaxed than what they were some 10 years ago. I stopped to use a tie back 2015 for example...

Oh; and only one formal/elegant night per week since 2017 or so. In summary: Don't worry so much on formality versus anything else.

Have a nice day!...

Obrigada, Nunagoras!

• Like 1