Boarding Times

Dlb723

I was able to do online check-in yesterday - this is finally starting to feel real!  We have two staterooms.  I had no trouble completing check-in for one room and got 9:30-10 for my boarding window.  I was getting errors for the second account from my phone and wasn't able to complete it until last night when I got home.  The second room is 10:30-11.  Can all four of us show up at 9:30 and board together?

Thanks - it is my first time!

Welcome to NCL! Hope you have a great cruise.

From what I have read and experienced, the answer is "maybe." In February, we were able to check in prior to our assigned time in Miami, but I have seen threads on this board where others have been told they have to wait.

• Like 1

Thank you!  We are so excited and eyeing up a Northern European cruise in 2024 if we love the trip.

That would be disappointing!  I was all set to do the check-in but technology tripped me up on the second reservation.  I will wait and see.  How long does it take to get the eDocuments after you complete the Check-In?

We also checked in yesterday for our upcoming cruise (6/12 on the Breakaway), and this morning our eDocs were not available - but now they are! 🙂 

So I would say that you should be able to download yours soon.

• Like 1

had trouble with check in as wall over the weekend . we are on the west coast so your midnight is my 9pm. the web site was off line. waited an hour called at about 11 and was told web site was down for maintance.  In the morning the system was still glitchy.  had to go into and out of the site as well as each tab  to input my families information . 

Generally, the boarding times are kind of superficial. They're mostly just to try and artificially space guests out so they don't get rushed at 9am or whatever. Realistically, it'll be around lunchtime before you're able to actually board anyway. 

• Like 1

Nobody pays attention to the time and nobody asked. I got there at 10:50 and I was onboard right around midday. My time was 10:30 to 11 and I heard people behind me saying "but our time is much later" and the other one went "who cares".

Edited by Mademypoint
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, wil e coyote said:

We also checked in yesterday for our upcoming cruise (6/12 on the Breakaway), and this morning our eDocs were not available - but now they are! 🙂 

So I would say that you should be able to download yours soon.

We leave on the same day - just different ships!  So excited for the travel.

• Like 1

I have a boarding time question myself. Our boarding docs says 'arrival time 09:00-09:30' But then it says 'Guests check-in begins at 12:00 PM' 
So if you can not check in before noon, is there any benefit of arriving earlier? 

20 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Yes.People who arrive early get on earlier. There is a line. And usually they start boarding by 11:00 -11:30 ish. 

Can you arrive early and check-in but then leave the check-in area and board the ship later in the day? The reason I ask is we will be exploring Barcelona and would love to be able to check-in and drop-off our luggage first thing in the morning and then explore Barcelona until closer to final boarding time.