OK, I am Such a Sucker for RCI's Sale!

New to this, never considered UDP - but it's showing as $99pp for a 3-nt sailing on the Independence in August. We're in a suite, but without Coastal Kitchen, we're more likely to go the specialty route.

So - is $99 a good deal ?

Tom

Before the sale it was either $109 or $119 on Independence for the 3 days. It also includes Playmakers and Johnny Rockets with the other 3 restaurants.  Will be on Independence in October for 3 days. Doing the UDP.  I think it's worth the price based upon prices of individual restaurants once on board. We just did the UDP on the 4 days cruise. Playmakers covers you $20 per person per visit.  October we will be in a Suite.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Only you can answer that - would you pay $33 extra at your local steak house if Outback was free?

Given the prior response (a savings of between $10-$20 off the prior price), and the fact that it includes Playmaker's and JR, I'd say I have my answer. 🙂 

For the last decade or so, we've dined exclusively at specialty and/or suite restaurants - so we're OK with extra charge dining.  

Tom

Chops should be open for lunch on boarding day which is also included.  Try to make your reservations as soon as you board.  This can be done at any of the specialty restaurants.  Izumi Hibachi charges a $10 up charge.  Izumi Sushi has a special $34.95, which includes a small plate and 2 large plates.  This is also included in the UDP. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chandoe said:

Chops should be open for lunch on boarding day which is also included.  Try to make your reservations as soon as you board.  This can be done at any of the specialty restaurants.  Izumi Hibachi charges a $10 up charge.  Izumi Sushi has a special $34.95, which includes a small plate and 2 large plates.  This is also included in the UDP. 

On the smaller ships (like Voyager that we will be on), I think they use Chops on embarkation day as a place for suite guests to eat with plates from the WJ - we've done that before.  And Izumi doesn't have hibachi on that ship, so it's either a la carte sushi, or with the UDP, you get #20 for sushi or the "prix fixe" option.  I have heard that with UDP, they will let you order more - they just close one check and open another.  We'll be in a GS, so my plan is to respond to the concierge email and ask for our dining reservations for the week.