Boardwalk Balcony vs Central Park Balcony

Hi fellow Cruisers-

We sailed on the Allure in 2019 in a boardwalk balcony we really loved it. We were able to watch the aqua theatre shows right from our balcony and loved also being able to see the water and the action on BW.

We are sailing on the Wonder October 2023 (yes, I know, over a year away) and booked in another BW balcony on same deck just a few doors down from where we were before.

We like having out in Central Park area on the Allure, but the CP balcony rooms from what I could see, seemed like it would be quieter and hotter as it doesn't have that cut out on the water like the BW's do. Has anyone sailed in both a CP and a BW and preferred one over the other?

Thank you

We had the furthest aft Boardwalk balcony on Symphony of the Seas last spring and will have another on Wonder of the Seas next spring. Keep in mind that Wonder of the Seas has a large movie screen that will be visible (and audible) to many Central Park balconies.

• Thanks 1

@MightyMike We were pretty close to the  end on deck 10 cabin 10319 if I remember correctly. We had a great view of the AQ theatre and the screen. I know the Wonder deck plans may be slightly different. My concern is that the slide may be blocking the view on the Wonder. It is hard to tell by the deck plans if that is the case. Also, if the CP balconies would be too hot.

I love a Boardwalk balcony and my dad loves a “29” Central Park balcony. But neither of us like them on the Wonder. If we sail on her again, we’d choose an Oceanview balcony. The reasons are the aqua theater has the air pillows wrapped around the back of the stage blocking the view of the ocean. The ambiance of Central Park, especially in the evening, was ruined by the massive movie screen. Movies played until 2 am. Now, some have reported, due to complaints, that movies have stopped playing at 5 pm. But, I can’t confirm that information. 

• Like 1