Quarantine deck

Flamma

Hi all,

I’ve been reading comments about deck 9 apparently being the quarantine deck on both Scarlet and Valiant lady. However, the Sweet Aft Suite I got assigned for June 2023 is on deck 9. Does anyone know if deck 9 is closed off entirely right now, or if only part of it is? Trying to see if they assigned that suite to us thinking they won’t need the quarantine deck anymore by next year or if that part of deck 9 isn’t impacted right now either. Really don’t want to have to deal with a downgrade or whatever they’d do in case the suite isn’t available because of the quarantine deck. I thought about asking for a suite on deck 8 just in case even though the dock house will be right underneath, but the other Sweet Aft Suites are already sold out.

• 3 weeks later...

I have not done VV yet doing it in December but yes they are probably hoping that they don’t need it next year as do we all.   But all the ships I have been on this year have all used deck 9 balconies for the Covid wing

While the US had dropped capacity restrictions, most of the VV cruises out of Florida are sailing at less than 50% capacity.  That makes it very easy to reserve a section of cabins rather than a full deck.  I do find the statement above that all the ships girlcruiser has been on this year blocked deck 9 as deck 9 on some ships is not comparable to deck 9 on other ships.  For example, on the Disney Magic and Wonder, there are no guest cabins on deck 9.  My understanding is that each ship was blocking a section of cabins "just in case," but as the CDC has now lifted occupancy restrictions, this is no longer required.