Quick Question About Covid Testing

DKLI

Hi All,

Has anyone taken their child (or other passenger) to the drive thru window at Walgreens for the Red Dot rapid Antigen test?  I've done it myself and it worked out fine, just wondering if they will allow a passenger to be tested from the passenger seat of the vehicle.

Thanks.

Karen

1 hour ago, DKLI said:

Hi All,

Has anyone taken their child (or other passenger) to the drive thru window at Walgreens for the Red Dot rapid Antigen test?  I've done it myself and it worked out fine, just wondering if they will allow a passenger to be tested from the passenger seat of the vehicle.

Thanks.

Karen

I called Walgreens and told them that 3 people were coming at the same time to do tests.  They said that's fine, but ALL THREE need appointments because they have to be in the system for testing.  So I was forced to take 3 appts, each 15 mins apart, to get us in the system, but Walgreens says we can all test at once out of the same car.  

That's what I was told.  YMMV

That being said...why wouldn't you call Walgreens and just ask?  People on this board are from all over and their Walgreens might all behave differently.  

Edited by LongIsland-Cruiser
add on
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, LongIsland-Cruiser said:

I called Walgreens and told them that 3 people were coming at the same time to do tests.  They said that's fine, but ALL THREE need appointments because they have to be in the system for testing.  So I was forced to take 3 appts, each 15 mins apart, to get us in the system, but Walgreens says we can all test at once out of the same car.  

That's what I was told.  YMMV

That being said...why wouldn't you call Walgreens and just ask?  People on this board are from all over and their Walgreens might all behave differently.  

From Long Island too, which site are you going to use? Have you ever used Walgreens before for testing?

33 minutes ago, travel_gal123 said:

are both the rapid antigen and the rapid NAAT tests both accepted?

For NCL, yes, check their page.

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

For your destination, it depends.  You would want to check the local governments website.  I don't use the NCL website for that, they are not updated in my experience.  For instance, I received an email from NCL today telling me I had to upload my negative test results for Bermuda or I might not be able to board, but that has not been the rule with Bermuda for a few weeks now.