Haines, Alaska Excursions?

AnonymousAllie

Hi - anyone know what shore excursions are offered via cruise lines in Haines? I can find the potential shore excursion lists on the Royal Caribbean website for other Alaska ports even without booking, but not Haines for some reason. Ship will be there ~7:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Understand its very close to Skagway but some of the RCCL itineraries skip over Skagway. The train ride in Skagway sounds very appealing but sounds like it may not be offered in Haines based on previous posts.

Edited by AnonymousAllie

When I first started looking at excursions for our 6/19 cruise there was only 1 listed for Haines. Eventually they added more and now there is a pretty good selection.  I never saw the Skagway train or anything else in Skagway listed in the Haines excursions.  Since my daughter is an animal lover, we decided to do the Kroschel Wildlife Center.

1 hour ago, Hummingbird33 said:

When I first started looking at excursions for our 6/19 cruise there was only 1 listed for Haines. Eventually they added more and now there is a pretty good selection.  I never saw the Skagway train or anything else in Skagway listed in the Haines excursions.  Since my daughter is an animal lover, we decided to do the Kroschel Wildlife Center.

Thats good to hear! Do you remember some of the other excursions they have now for your cruise?

15 hours ago, AnonymousAllie said:

Thats good to hear! Do you remember some of the other excursions they have now for your cruise?

In addition to the wildlife center they have a couple of scenic tours, a kayak experience, a bike tour, a hiking tour, a bald eagle preserve float trip, and a jet boat wilderness tour.  I only see 10 now and I'm sure there were more before.  There was a photography focused one that I was interested in that's not there now so I'm guessing some got cancelled. 

15 hours ago, AnonymousAllie said:

Correction to my last post, I see the photography tour still, it's just sold out.

Edited by Hummingbird33

39 minutes ago, Hummingbird33 said:

In addition to the wildlife center they have a couple of scenic tours, a kayak experience, a bike tour, a hiking tour, a bald eagle preserve float trip, and a jet boat wilderness tour.  I only see 10 now and I'm sure there were more before.  There was a photography focused one that I was interested in that's not there now so I'm guessing some got cancelled. 

Thank you! Sounds like there is a decent variety given how small this port is.

On my cruise planner for our upcoming Alaska trip with Radiance, all of the Haines excursions are combined with the Skagway excursions…. I see:

Nature & Wildlife Photography Tour $135

Evening Wildlife Canoe Safari $119

Wildlife Safari & Bear Viewing $99 (Sold Out - so, this must be popular)

Haines Off the Beaten Track $89

Exclusive Guided Tour of Bald Eagle Foundation $59

I realize prices are subjective - but just thought I would give you an idea. We are signed up for the Nature & Wildlife Photography Tour, so we’ll see how it goes.

We'll be in Haines in September on RCCL. We booked a private guide, but I remember seeing the bear-watching excursions, wildlife safaris, a photography tour, and kayaking on the lake in the excursion list. There's also a bus trip along some notable highway?

On 6/4/2022 at 6:27 PM, JT1962 said:

Kroschel Wildlife Center is excellent. In 2017, we rented a car in Haines and went to Kroschel, the Chilkoot and Chilkat State Parks and drive some of the Haines Hwy. 

We visited the Kroschel Wildlife center in 2017 as well.  What a great experience!  If you go don't forget to kiss 'Karen' the Moose!!