Cruise Port Walk Arounds

JoTerricruise

My wife and I will be sailing on the Wonder of the Seas in September (Western Med).  We want to just do our own thing in Palma de Mallorca and Marseilles France.  Any suggestions on shopping areas and if necessary transportation to them?

Thanks 🙂

10 hours ago, JoTerricruise said:

My wife and I will be sailing on the Wonder of the Seas in September (Western Med).  We want to just do our own thing in Palma de Mallorca and Marseilles France.  Any suggestions on shopping areas and if necessary transportation to them?

Thanks 🙂

In both those ports you will want to use some form of local transportation to get from the ship into town.  I have no clue as to whether RCI provides shuttle service and at what price (we stopped cruising on RCI about 15 years ago).  In both ports it is a relatively short transfer to into town where you can walk around and shop till you drop (if that is your idea of fun).  Personally that is an activity for which we have no interest in either port.  On Mallorca, DW and I usually head for our favorite beach area (out past the airport) and we use Marseille as a "gateway" port to go to places we enjoy in Provence.  I might add that I have never heard anyone rave about good shopping in Marseille.  If you really want to shop I would suggest getting a tour or transportation (bus, train, taxi) to the city of Aix en Provence where there is a large shopping area with everything from Department stores, boutique shops, and usually some outdoor markets.

Hank

https://www.portopicentro.es/ES. This is directly opposite the cruise terminal in Palma. If you want to go into Palma itself there is a bus stop in the terminal which takes you to the bus station at the top of the town centre, the cathedral is at the bottom and everything you could possibly want in between. It’s a beautiful city. Sorry can’t help with Marseille