Mardi Gras cabin 5440 any noise complaints

1BDNANA

Just off of the Carnival Magic cove balcony 2302. It had a horrendous booming noise that shuddered the whole room all night.  I have another cove balcony that I had booked prior to this magic cruise. I will be in cabins 5440 and 5444 on the Mardi Gras. Has anyone had any noise issues in these room and if so how bad was it. The magic 2302 room felt like I was over top of a train coupling area🤬. I'm kinda worried😱. PS...I had them move to another balcony after the first night. 

Edited by 1BDNANA

According to the deck plans you have cabins under you and around you. Above you is the flamingo restaurant which shouldn't bother you outside of dinner hours. With the exception of dinner and potential noisy neighbors this should be a quiet location. 

The lower you go on the ship the closer you are to the ships operations. It's typical to hear some noise on deck 2 of the magic. 

Edited by psk2347

All of our other balconies have been on higher floors . The couple that we are traveling with are reluctant to put out the extra $$$ for upper decks but if I find out that I could have the same issues that I had on Magic it could be a deal breaker.

On 6/6/2022 at 11:48 AM, 1BDNANA said:

Just off of the Carnival Magic cove balcony 2302. It had a horrendous booming noise that shuddered the whole room all night.  I have another cove balcony that I had booked prior to this magic cruise. I will be in cabins 5440 and 5444 on the Mardi Gras. Has anyone had any noise issues in these room and if so how bad was it. The magic 2302 room felt like I was over top of a train coupling area🤬. I'm kinda worried😱. PS...I had them move to another balcony after the first night. 

I just have to comment. We had the same thing on the Magic but we were in a forward facing ocean view, Huge booming and banging that shook us and absolutely everything. Felt and sounded like the entire ship was structurally coming apart. Would happen randomly, continuous at times, silent at other. Called guest service and they said they checked and found no noise and could not trace any sources. and would not come back. When wee pleaded to be moved we were told the ship was full and there was nowhere else to move us. It completely ruined our trip. I mean the banging and shaking was that bad, shake you right out of the bed and not only startle and shook you, it put fear into you that the a beam might come crashing through at any time.  That was in 2016 and I am shocked to hear the same thing 6 years later and from a different area of the ship. I will not go on the Magic ever again. I wonder how many more have suffered through this. At least you were relocated after the first night. We were not and suffered with it all through the cruise.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 3:36 PM, dbkruzr said:

We were in 5450 last month and had no noise issues. That area of the ship is a great location being in the middle of the mid and aft elevators

Thank You. I'm really praying this will not be an issue again.

On 6/7/2022 at 6:44 PM, monza said:

I just have to comment. We had the same thing on the Magic but we were in a forward facing ocean view, Huge booming and banging that shook us and absolutely everything. Felt and sounded like the entire ship was structurally coming apart. Would happen randomly, continuous at times, silent at other. Called guest service and they said they checked and found no noise and could not trace any sources. and would not come back. When wee pleaded to be moved we were told the ship was full and there was nowhere else to move us. It completely ruined our trip. I mean the banging and shaking was that bad, shake you right out of the bed and not only startle and shook you, it put fear into you that the a beam might come crashing through at any time.  That was in 2016 and I am shocked to hear the same thing 6 years later and from a different area of the ship. I will not go on the Magic ever again. I wonder how many more have suffered through this. At least you were relocated after the first night. We were not and suffered with it all through the cruise.

Yup...sounds like you had the same issue that I had. It was a trip breaker. I had things vibrating off of the counters.

• Like 1

As mentioned in a previous post, anytime you book the lower decks you are closer to the mechanicals of the ship operations.  Especially during the docking process (can be very early in the mornings) when pulling into port but really can be anytime.  We dont book anything below deck 7 and make sure you have cabin decks above and below you.  

We have been on the Magic a few times and never experienced the issues you posted about but again we are very selective about the deck level and location of our cabin.  Good luck with your future cruise and hopefully a better experience.   

Edited by Drazil65

On 6/6/2022 at 2:30 PM, 1BDNANA said:

All of our other balconies have been on higher floors . The couple that we are traveling with are reluctant to put out the extra $$$ for upper decks but if I find out that I could have the same issues that I had on Magic it could be a deal breaker.

On the Mardi Gras, if you have a cabin mid-ship on an upper floor, you WILL hear and feel the Bolt roller coaster. It's loud and it will vibrate your cabin during prime mid-day and afternoon nap time. 🤣

• 1 year later...

I was in cabin 5300 last year. I had bass noise issues. Definitely not engine room or other mechanics. I've heard that before and it didn't bother me. Somebody else said the same thing in another thread, I think it was noise on Pride? Other than that, it was a great room.