June 2006 cruises

Merrilymeggily

Hi, all. My group and I are looking to book a cruise in June 2007, but since we're really anxious we wanted to see what's available in June 2006 (just to "get ready" for when the June 2007 info goes up). But when I go to the X Web site, it doesn't even show any Caribbean cruises for June 2006. I see up to April 2006 and then it picks up again in the fall. Nothing for May-Aug. And that's with leaving all fields except the sail date and destination open -- any ship, any departure port, any number of nights. etc. I know X sails to the Caribbean during the summer. Anyone know what gives?

Merrilyn I just went into the Celebrity site and under planning a cruise all I put in was the date of June, 2006 and Celebrity is only going to Alaska, Bermuda and Europe. No Caribbean cruises. Sorry

Marilyn

Unfortunately Celebrity has chosen not to position any ships in the Caribbean this summer. Hopefully they will realize the demand that exists and position at least one ship in the Caribbean in 2007. Here is a link to a thread posted earlier on the Celebrity board which discusses this situation, with the limited options:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=296472

Unfortunately Celebrity has chosen not to position any ships in the Caribbean this summer. Hopefully they will realize the demand that exists and position at least one ship in the Caribbean in 2007. Here is a link to a thread posted earlier on the Celebrity board which discusses this situation, with the limited options:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=296472

Even though there is demand for Carribean Cruises during the summer, Celebrity would only be able to charge a fraction of what they do for Bermuda, European, and Alaskan Cruises.

Archived