Booking with Viking air

geomapper

We’re looking at the Amsterdam to Basel Viking cruise in the fall of 2023.  Prior to this cruise we have already booked a 7 day tour south of Paris.  So, we will need to fly to Paris around 10 days prior to the Viking cruise.  We will take the train from Paris to Amsterdam after the first tour. My question:  Is Viking air flexible enough accommodate the flight to Paris and then the return flight a few days after the river cruise from Basel?  
I do plan to call and discuss with Viking but I’m curious if anyone has any experience with a similar itinerary. 
Thanks 

I think they would be able accommodate your request. I am flying to London on July 8, but not joining my Viking cruise in Paris until July 20.  My return flight is from Prague after an extra day there on my own at the end of the cruise. My TA booked this through Viking; I believe there was an "air deviation" fee.

Viking air is very flexible. You are allowed days either side, you just have to let agent know when booking trip.

You also have option of Air Plus - picking your own flights for an extra fee of $100 pp, plus any price difference between what fare they can get via their contracts with carriers, and route/carrier you choose. 
I have found their air department to be very efficient - normally they pick flights I would have chosen as well. And if not, are willing to work with me, and sometimes waiving the Air Plus fee to move me to a specific flight. (Probably depending on how you get, and how you ask.)

As a side note - it helps to work with one agent in bookings. Note who you talked to, and their extension, and email. 

I am not sure if they work off commission. I am assuming they do; but regardless using same person in bookings has helped us in more personalized attention and advance notices, and sorting out any issues. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Viking air plus has been good about flying earlier or later but it used to be an extra $300 per ticket to fly into a different city.
We usually fly business class and tickets from our small town usually are cheaper booking directly and we have access to more scheduling options. 
We recently returned from Viking’s grand European cruise. Quite a few people did not hear about the air schedule changes and cancellations from Viking.