Problems booking a specialty dining package online. Any ideas?

We have a dilemma we're trying to figure out. We are on the Jade for 19 days with my BIL and his DW which departs Dec 2, 2022. We are in an aft-facing Club Balcony Suite, which we just paid in full, and they are in a Balcony cabin, which they have not finished paying for. On both our bookings, we initially received the 5 night Specialty Dining package booking perk.

However, when my BIL tried to place an order online for an additional 5 night Specialty Dining package, it was rejected with the explanation being there were no more packages available. However, we subsequently tried to book the same 5 Specialty Dining Package on our "Club Balcony" booking and were successful.

As a side note when he called NCL to see why he couldn't book the additional dining package, the representative said for him to call their TA as he was not allowed to help him because of that. He subsequently called their TA and she couldn't figure out why they couldn't book it either. Hence, the dilemma.

Here's our questions? 

1. Does it make a difference if a booking is fully paid for when it comes to booking Specialty Dinner package online?

2. Does it matter what type of cabin category you've booked as to when you can purchase a Specialty Dining package? We understand there is a perk for actually placing the reservations, but weren't aware there was a limitation when booking the package.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

No, it doesn’t matter about either of those things when buying extra dining.

I can’t see what is causing your problem. I can’t think of any suggestion other than to try to get the TA to talk to NCL to try to resolve the issue. There really shouldn’t be any problem with them buying the extra meals.

11 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

No, it doesn’t matter about either of those things when buying extra dining.

I can’t see what is causing your problem. I can’t think of any suggestion other than to try to get the TA to talk to NCL to try to resolve the issue. There really shouldn’t be any problem with them buying the extra meals.

Thanks! That’s what we figured. My BIL is going to press his TA on Monday to contact NCL to get this resolved.