Barcelona Taxis

bbqbears

In May, we took a taxi from the Hotel Jazz to the Barcelona port. The taxi took credit cards however the driver told me that my card was rejected. I gave him cash for the fare but did not get a receipt. When my Visa bill came, it had a $25 charge for the taxi. I am happy to say that I disputed the charge and won.  I was lucky and need to remember to get a receipt for whatever method of payment I use.

• Like 1

I was mad at the taxi and at myself. However, the fact that I won the dispute gives me hope that the taxi company realized they made an error. 

I hope you have a great trip!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/11/2022 at 10:54 AM, Girlloves2cruise said:

Aqua, how was the Jazz hotel?  We are doing TransAtlantic cruise in Oct and need a hotel for the night.  Also, how far is it from the port?  Thanks

Hi there...are you on Celebrity Beyond on Oct 12?  We will also be at Hotel Jazz and although I have never been there before, it gets really good reviews.  We are leaving from Orlando on Oct 8th, arriving the 9th.

We were in Barcelona and used cards for taxis.  We have also stayed at Hotel Jazz and have good things to say.  Wherever you stay in Barcelona you will need a taxi to get to the port so stay where it is convenient for touring.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were in jazz hotel just before  covid.   Got in very early.  They offered us 2 options....there was a room available that we could have immediately or they would store our bags till later.  We took the immediate room.....it was great.  Very quiet hotel. We had also ordered a case of wine from a local place. It was to be delivered to the hotel while we were out. No problem.  Reception took delivery and held it till we got back from touring.  One thing...... i found the bathroom floor very slippery when wet.  The tub was pretty deep and no grab bars.   Easy walk to Placa Cataluna where we caught the HOHO bus and where another tour left from.  Just outside front door was a lovely Asia restaurant.  Casual. Packed.  

• Thanks 1

We are staying at Hotel Jazz at the end of the month.  Glad to hear good things about it.  I don't understand the deep bathtubs in Europe.  I'm not sure what older people do, I almost killed myself in Lisbon a few months ago getting in.  I actually emailed the hotel to ask for a handicapped accessible room with a walk-in shower.

3 hours ago, sealegs13 said:

We are staying at Hotel Jazz at the end of the month.  Glad to hear good things about it.  I don't understand the deep bathtubs in Europe.  I'm not sure what older people do, I almost killed myself in Lisbon a few months ago getting in.  I actually emailed the hotel to ask for a handicapped accessible room with a walk-in shower.

I discussed this with the young man at reception.  He suggested asking for a handicapped room next time.