choosing a cruise for the honeymoon

angel41

I'm trying to plan our honeymoon and have to decide on a cruise line. This is bringing up quite a few questions. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Do any of the lines do anything special for newlyweds? Maybe some special little things they do bc it's a honeymoon. And is it worth cruising with them just for that reason?

-We are getting married in Key West, then driving back up to go on a cruise out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale. If we did the wedding on Saturday evening and drove back on Sunday to get on the cruise, will that be too hectic? (I believe it was about a three hour drive)

-Am I crazy to consider a new cruise line that I have never used since the honeymoon cruise is a bigger deal than just a regular vacation cruise? Or am I better off sticking with the line I'm familiar with?

:o :confused:

I'm trying to plan our honeymoon and have to decide on a cruise line. This is bringing up quite a few questions. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Do any of the lines do anything special for newlyweds? Maybe some special little things they do bc it's a honeymoon. And is it worth cruising with them just for that reason?

Most will have activities for honeymooners and you'll probably get a special "detail" in one of the formal nights. Not the primary reason to choose a cruise, though!

-We are getting married in Key West, then driving back up to go on a cruise out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale. If we did the wedding on Saturday evening and drove back on Sunday to get on the cruise, will that be too hectic? (I believe it was about a three hour drive)

The drive to Miami is about 3.5 hours, and to Fort Luaderdale another 30 - 45 minutes. However, there is only one access road from the keys to the mainland. If that gets blocked (because of an accident) or if traffic is too heavy, it can take a lot more time. Also, think about having to drive the 3 - 4 hours in the early morning, after an evening wedding! If possible, I would get married a day earlier (if that is not an issue for you) and rest the next morning, spend 1 evening in Miami and then go on the cruise.

-Am I crazy to consider a new cruise line that I have never used since the honeymoon cruise is a bigger deal than just a regular vacation cruise? Or am I better off sticking with the line I'm familiar with?

You're not crazy! It all depends on what you're looking for. If you're happy with your previous experiences, stick with that line. If you're looking for something different (more upscale, smaller, or bigger ship, etc.), then by all means look at other lines. A good TA will help you narrow it down...

Feel free to e-mail if you have any questions...

Regards,

Enrique

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There!

We got married last June on RCCL out of FLL with 75 guests and returned on a Monday morning and drove to Miami and picked up our honeymoon flight to Venice and got on the Grand Pricess 12 night Greek Island Cruise! So, no you are not crazy for wanting to try a new cruise line. Princess was beautiful and the cruise was fabulous!

Congrats & Good luck!

Archived