Royal Caribbean's President comments on Covid testing requirements today

DaveOKC

President Michael Bayley gave some straight answers on pre-cruise covid testing and potentially dropping vaccine requirement at a Q&A during the cruise line's President's Cruise.

"I think pre-cruise testing is going to be around for another couple of months," Bayley said. "We obviously want it to go back to normal, but we're incredibly cognizant of our responsibilities to keep our crew, the communities and our guests safe."

Bayley was less hopeful about the end of vaccinations, according to the blog, which has no connection to Royal Caribbean.

"The no vaccine question is is a huge question that none of us know the answer to," he said. "I'm skeptical that's going to change in the in the real short term. Many and most of the destinations that we visit require a high degree of vaccination, and they expect our crew to be vaccinated."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The gentleman's answer was realistic, I think.  If one does not want to get vaccinated against Covid, it then ought to be like if one does not want to be protected from other diseases when vaccinations are required.  One does not cruise.  

In time, I hope, Covid will become live the Norovirus, we learn to deal and live with it if one wants to cruise.  

• Like 3