NCL Jewel Deck 8 Family Ocean View

Sea2011

We are thinking of booking a family OV on NCL Jewel Deck 8.  Understand that AFT is less noisy so looking at Rooms 8110 or 8116.  It appears to be above the Tradewinds Tax & Duty Free - is it likely to have a lot of noise from that big white space on Deck 7 (not sure if all of it is occupied by Tradewinds Tax & Duty Free)?

Also what is the difference between Ocean View and Family Ocean View?  Slight bigger I guess?

Will be great if someone can share their experience with similar cabins and what are pros and cons of those cabins.  Thanks!

5 hours ago, Sea2011 said:

We are thinking of booking a family OV on NCL Jewel Deck 8.  Understand that AFT is less noisy so looking at Rooms 8110 or 8116.  It appears to be above the Tradewinds Tax & Duty Free - is it likely to have a lot of noise from that big white space on Deck 7 (not sure if all of it is occupied by Tradewinds Tax & Duty Free)?

Also what is the difference between Ocean View and Family Ocean View?  Slight bigger I guess?

Will be great if someone can share their experience with similar cabins and what are pros and cons of those cabins.  Thanks!

Family OV and OV are same in size, the only difference is the family one sleeps 4, and the other OV ones sleep either 2 or 3.

It's good that Jewel (and also Jade) has the Tradewinds store on deck 7 aft rather than Bliss Nightclub that is on Pearl & Gem deck 7 aft! You won't hear any noise from the store.

The only OV cabins we were on while on Jade/Jewel/Gem were the mid-ship OK (Obstructed Ocean View), close to the elevators and of course the O'Sheehans. We loved the sideways rooms. We could still see the sea and sky so we know what's the weather is like. OK cabins are the cheapest in the OV category.

Thank you so much for answering my questions.  Exactly what I was looking for.  We were originally thinking of getting a balcony but the price keep going up so difference between OV and Balcony became pretty substantial.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

@bluesea777 I am hoping you can offer some insight from your cruise experiences in regards to noise... My father just booked my family and I for the Norwegian Jewel for Alaska in rooms 8060, 8062 and 8064––without doing any homework (he likes to work fast!). As I start to dig into details, I see the Bliss Ultra Lounge is below our rooms. I saw your comment in this thread and wonder if you might know if we'll hear noise from the music/karaoke above us? Some of us are light sleepers and, unfortunately, I can handle sleeping with any sounds even if I play white noise and wear ear plugs. Anything you can offer is appreciated!

3 hours ago, sangiblue said:

@bluesea777 I am hoping you can offer some insight from your cruise experiences in regards to noise... My father just booked my family and I for the Norwegian Jewel for Alaska in rooms 8060, 8062 and 8064––without doing any homework (he likes to work fast!). As I start to dig into details, I see the Bliss Ultra Lounge is below our rooms. I saw your comment in this thread and wonder if you might know if we'll hear noise from the music/karaoke above us? Some of us are light sleepers and, unfortunately, I can handle sleeping with any sounds even if I play white noise and wear ear plugs. Anything you can offer is appreciated!

We were in 8094 - sorry I can't help. When's your cruise? Perhaps you can ask to switch cabins as long as it's the same category. 

Hopefully it's better to be above the Bliss Lounge than be under? Can someone else chime in?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much for commenting, @springvillemark! Unfortunately, after speaking with random Norwegian reps because ours wasn’t helpful, the noise concern has led us to believe we need cancel. Did you hear any music from the club at night? If so, how late did it go? Anything you share is much appreciated!